• McGinn (Bailey 70)
    • Kamara (Watkins 78)
    • Young (Digne 79)
    • Ings (Buendía 79)
    • Sanson (Dendoncker 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/22 at 23:59

50 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Great win, wished we had Unai in weeks ago, used the subs well and used all 5 which is good, just in never known traffic like it every road was gridlocked 

How many more times must Man U fans be told that M6 Southbound is their way home?! 🤣

Luke Shaw: "If you watch the game back, you'll see we made a sloppy start. They were finding spaces and pockets and turning with ease. That is not good enough. We didn't deserve to win."

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Nah, what someone needs to explain is why after we beat Man U at home for the first time in nearly 30 years in his first ever match after a week in the job they voted manager performance as only 'good'.

At least we know who the trolls on the site are, one person has rated the manager very poor 😂.   (Unless it was a mis-click)

@Joshie2000wanna explain?

Edited by ender4

What an afternoon! Nearly home and still smiling. Go on Unai, what a way to start by putting that awful h2h record to bed!

Everybody played well today but gave MOTM to Watkins - back to his best today. Bailey was electric too.

My favourite moment was the Nanny McPhee masterclass that was Emi getting involved in the free kick set up :lol:

Going on Thursday night, bring it on Unai, let’s get the double over these insufferable rocket polishers!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Did everyone see Martinez lining up Digne's free kick? Never seen that before, in any match. McPhee earns fee!

You could say, nanny mcfee (👍

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Eamon Holmes, Angus Deayton, Mick Bloody Hucknall, you boys have taken one hell of a beating.

27 years. Finally at long last, it's over.

Eamon Holmes? I thought he was from somewhere a bit, erm, west of Manchester. 

Prestatyn, that's it.

At least the brummie reds didn't have too far to travel home afterwards, so it wasn't all bad today for those lil darlings* 😉

* I say that as a former steward who had to put up with them smugly crowing "us" this and "us" that in their thick Erdington accents for many years 

• Like 2

Fantastic all over the pitch in terms of set up, application, work rate, mentality, attitude and skill. Other than 10 minutes or so before half time I felt we controlled the game completely and felt comfortable as soon as that third goal went in. I also have faith that this won’t be a one off performance, I really think this is that standard being set under the gaffer. Also I think worth noting the quality of the finishing for all three goals and yes digne free kick was superb but a word for me on Baileys finish on the run and JJ picking out the top corner first time. Lost count of the times I’ve seen us have a ball pulled back to the Penalty spot area and is not be clinical so I was delighted with that finish.

last point and I don’t really want to pick holes in how bad Utd were because I actually think we just outplayed them no more to it than that but. Ronaldo really is finished at premier league level, I have not seen many strikers look less threatening than he did today. It’s almost sad to see a once decent player looking so poor and past it but as it’s him I’m not going to shed to many tears 😂

• Like 1

I was at Villa Park as a teenager the last time we beat them, to think this is the first time since is ridiculous (and by the same score). Whatever comes of the Emery era, he will always be the one to have lifted the curse!

In other news, I hope and believe we will now see the Leon Bailey we thought we'd signed. He needs belief, direction and probably a bit of beef, but holy sh*t in a victorian bathing costume, the boy has talent. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Odd. We won the toss against Brentford and switched it around, didn't we? I remember reading after John Terry saying they always attacked the home end first at Chelsea because it was intimidating for the away team to line up in front of the home fans.

I wonder if we switched at Brentford because the sun was so bright, so it was going to be harder in goal for Raya. I've still got a faint halo of light in my eyes from squinting at a few too many replays of the Bailey goal trying to figure out what on earth it looked like.

Taylor was terrible in a way that favoured United for most of that game today, but their fans did identify that not only was their wall seemingly insanely far back on the free kick, but we got away with taking it a foot or two back from where he'd drawn the marker, which probably did make it easier for Digne to get it up and down. Maybe a bit of retrospective restorative justice for a few of the Vidic red cards that never were though ay

My favourite moment of that game was the split second realisation that Watkins' pass for the third was good, and that everybody was going to get out of Ramsey's way in time for him to smash it

Second place was, in the stoppage time of a potential first win in 27 years against United, Douglas Luiz saying *** it and attempting to score another direct corner instead of playing it short. He won't stop because he can't stop 🤙

• Like 3

Â