• McGinn (Bailey 70)
    • Kamara (Watkins 78)
    • Young (Digne 79)
    • Ings (Buendía 79)
    • Sanson (Dendoncker 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/22 at 23:59

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Fantastic to put that awful record to bed!

Out of interest does anyone know if we lost the toss and were made to shoot at the Holte in the first half? Or whether we chose to do that?

I was thinking the same. It was a myth that we should always kick away in first half. It appears we are better the other way. 

I think it helps us get a good start

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Fantastic to put that awful record to bed!

Out of interest does anyone know if we lost the toss and were made to shoot at the Holte in the first half? Or whether we chose to do that?

I'm not sure but funny how kicking to the Holte End in the first half has given us impetus to start quickly the last 2 home games.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Yes we lost the toss and Man Utd chose the ends.

Odd. We won the toss against Brentford and switched it around, didn't we? I remember reading after John Terry saying they always attacked the home end first at Chelsea because it was intimidating for the away team to line up in front of the home fans.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I didn't see any of it, but I assume they tried their usual diving and cheating, and we were just good enough they couldn't even rob us this time?

Tbh... Not the diving but some of the fouls off the ball stuff were horrendous. I don't blame them the  Ref let then get away with all sorts so they carried on. 

• Like 1

That was sensational. Can't ever remember seeing us have a man in space so often. All the little one-twos, the movement, the calmness at the back. He's drilled them hard and achieved that in only a week. I can't remember ever being this excited about the next match. 

Eery player was brilliant and played their part, but Mings was an utter Colossus at the back and gets my MoM.

Ref an utter clearing in the woods, but what's new. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Konsa carrying the ball up the field and almost playing as a striker. Absolute banter football! 

You love to see it!

Was going to mention this myself, love the confidence he had to make the forward run and he made the right run behind the full back, was quite unlucky with the cross- good block stopped it getting to Ings, could tell he appreciated the attempt too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

(Would someone tell me what the song played at Villa Park immediately following the whistle? I couldn't quite make it out.)

Was it Hi Ho Silver Lining? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â