• McGinn (Bailey 70)
    • Kamara (Watkins 78)
    • Young (Digne 79)
    • Ings (Buendía 79)
    • Sanson (Dendoncker 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/22 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Beat Brentford 4-0

Lose 4-0 to Newcastle

Beat Man Utd 3-1

Can someone explain this team to me? They don't make any sense.

Nah, what someone needs to explain is why after we beat Man U at home for the first time in nearly 30 years in his first ever match after a week in the job they voted manager performance as only 'good'.

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

Nah, what someone needs to explain is why after we beat Man U at home for the first time in nearly 30 years in his first ever match after a week in the job they voted manager performance as only 'good'.

For shits and giggles, is my guess. 

We looked well organised throughout the game.  Played some lovely football at times and was resolute as the game went on.

You could see that we were changing formation throughout as well. We looked a well oiled machine and it was a joy to watch.

I really hope this is the start of something really special and not another false dawn. Right now though, I’m going to enjoy the week ahead.  UTV

We have waited too long for that. Let's just savour for a few days.

So much to like. Where to start?

• A great team performance. MOM?, just pick anyone, everyone in contention.
  • Attitude
  • manager directing things from the touchline. Talking to the players. (coaching)
  • Running off the ball, breaking into space.. We did waste a few opportunities but this will only get better when they have confidence the ball will come.
  • Use of subs. Suddenly we seem to have options off the bench.
  • The togetherness of the squad at the end.

The great news is Emery will get a chance to look at the entire squad this week. How strong will he go midweek?. Maybe the Cup win is not just empty words.

What have we done to deserve our run of luck on deflections? Only other negative was how deep we dropped but this may be part of the package.

Still a great start and much to look forward to. A couple of other observations. Konsa looking like his old self. Having the confidence to stride forward the length of the pitch. The midfield passing the ball to each other. Sanson, there is a player there and with Luis and Kamara open for a pass we retain possession. We know JR is a talent, with serious coaching he can only get better.

Thats enough for now.

UTV. Bring on the next installment.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Beat Brentford 4-0

Lose 4-0 to Newcastle

Beat Man Utd 3-1

Can someone explain this team to me? They don't make any sense.

Brentford was all about relief at SG no longer being their manager. 

Newcastle the realisation that they had a good manager and we didn’t have one at all really. 

Today was about actually having an elite manger who knew how to organise and encourage them to play to their strengths. 

Explaining AVFC in the wider context is a task beyond me. To be fair to me I’m not alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Fantastic to put that awful record to bed!

Out of interest does anyone know if we lost the toss and were made to shoot at the Holte in the first half? Or whether we chose to do that?

We should start choosing it. Like Brentford the other week - let the Holte suck the ball in a couple of times in the first 15 mins and life is way easier.

Â