• McGinn (Bailey 70)
    • Kamara (Watkins 78)
    • Young (Digne 79)
    • Ings (Buendía 79)
    • Sanson (Dendoncker 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/22 at 23:59

18 hours ago, The_Rev said:

9941 days.  

Thats what happens when we don't get things right.....at last, we did.

signs are very very good, but its early.

nice to go in to the break on the front foot.

That performance and result, was great for UE ,too.....Now everyone will listen, inc the hierarchy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, allani said:

He had space to run into and was receiving the ball in the right place.  If we can keep doing that then there's a hell of a player there.  I am sure we'll see a different Coutinho as well in the next few weeks.  Great to see Kamara back too. 

I too think Coutinho, will look better, in this set up.

18 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Hi Ho Silver Lightning.... or rather the Hi-Ho Aston Villa version. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of "Sweet Caroline", but Hi Ho Aston Villa, is just..... better!

I like the  rendition of " Villa are back, villa are back, hello,hello, Villa are back.......in that kinda deeper, tone.

don't hear it so much nowadays.

Maybe we need to earn that call.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Cool to see and hear some of the long-dedicated Villa supporters getting a taste of heaven today in beating Manure. It's clear this was monumental. Really happy for the old-timers, especially.

Not to take away from win, but that United were tired, too, and missing crucial talent. They couldn't match our intensity. Martinez looked uncharacteristically knackered. Europa schedule is brutal.  I think the cup tie is going to be harder, but shit, we're awesome.

Thanks.

I was 44 when we last beat them at home.....27 years of frustration.

I am looking forward to some consistency, not making any predictions, just want to see us improving and see where it takes us.

Great day though, and some great goals.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

Take a bow Nick, you was right about the coaching.....I never thought, it would make such a huge difference, how wrong was I?

The hands on, from Unai is impressive, prompting all through the game....The idea, of him adapting from game to game, based on his interpretation, is also impressive.

How can you plan to stop a team, when you don't know how they are going to play.....So happy to have this guy on a long contract.

All the players, seem to know what they was doing in such a short space of time.....

Long way to go, but the early signs are so encouraging.

UTV

Ha ha, thanks! I truly believe that preparation is just as important as ability.  One without the other gets you only so far.  I agree with you that we have squad quality/trait issues which is now what Emery has to sort out but he can only see them when the players are playing as best as they can, that requires great coaching.

I think Emery’s level of detail is exactly what we need, what a midtable team needs to fight how tough the PL is.  Yesterday was fabulous, I still feel we have many bumps ahead though and it will test fans, but I hope Emery’s level of detail, planning and preparedness will get us to where we want to go in time.  Great coaching is the first step which he will do over the coming period, then let’s see what he can do with the squad both current and future players.  This team is still very fragile, it’ll take time but at least imo we have somebody who can get the best out of them.

I hope he doesn’t disappoint because I have high hopes in him but for now I’m still wildly celebrating yesterday and the hope for the future under him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Enjoy :crylaugh:

Pathetic bunch...

If you've not watched it, it's it's worth going to 6.56 in the guy in the bottom rh corner...Saaed TV

says 2-0 whats going on Chelnelsea have just lost :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Thick knob 

• Haha 1

Â