• McGinn (Bailey 70)
    • Kamara (Watkins 78)
    • Young (Digne 79)
    • Ings (Buendía 79)
    • Sanson (Dendoncker 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/22 at 23:59

buzzing. no other word for it. i could go through the thread of every player that played today and say why i thought they were brilliant today (and i might well do) but they all were

even sanson, with that little pirouette in his cameo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I’ve achieved self actualisation and now have nothing left to experience or live for.  Goodbye everybody.  UTV 

LMAO XD (no more reactions but this comment was just minted)

I took Emi MArtinez as MOTM  several really good saves near the end of the first half as they were pressuring, were critical.  And frankly there were multiple contenders while he was captain.  But WOW, good arguments for JJ, Leon, and reasonable arguments for others.  I can't believe how obvious the difference in organization and personal adjustments players were able to make with what, 4? 5? days of training/coaching.  We have desperately needed a top shelf manager for decaces and now we have one.

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes Gerrard we do have quality despite you saying constantly that we lack quality. UTFV

We absolutely DID lack quality. Our manager was shite.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Cool to see and hear some of the long-dedicated Villa supporters getting a taste of heaven today in beating Manure. It's clear this was monumental. Really happy for the old-timers, especially.

Not to take away from win, but that United were tired, too, and missing crucial talent. They couldn't match our intensity. Martinez looked uncharacteristically knackered. Europa schedule is brutal.  I think the cup tie is going to be harder, but shit, we're awesome.

i want you to know that I think you are correct, but I don't "like"  your comment at all, so none of the optional reactions fit.  "I hate it but think you may well be right" reaction needed.

• Haha 1

The one standout thing for me today was that we looked more assured building from the back, didn’t force anything and were patient. Was refreshing to see rather than the usual panic and long punt up the field. Martinez was also better at picking out the full backs to open the game up. 

• Like 1

Nice to have a match where it didn't feel like our entire universe hinged upon Dougie's (excellent) corner kick tricks. Remember feeling like the plane's wings had fallen off,  but hey, at least there's one parachute between 200 souls?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, rubberman said:

The missus has no interest in football. She's away at the moment - told her the result and how long it had been in a catch up message. She texted back 'up the villa'. She's never done that before and didn't even know she knew it was a thing. Brought a tear to my eye. What A Result. 

Either that or her other fella is a Villa fan and saw your message 

(apologies in advance if that's out of order)

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

last point and I don’t really want to pick holes in how bad Utd were because I actually think we just outplayed them no more to it than that but. Ronaldo really is finished at premier league level, I have not seen many strikers look less threatening than he did today. It’s almost sad to see a once decent player looking so poor and past it but as it’s him I’m not going to shed to many tears 😂

Tyrone Mings just got a phone call on his way home.  He reached into his pocket to answer the call and realized little Ronny was still in there....

Edited by FLVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â