• McGinn (Bailey 70)
    • Kamara (Watkins 78)
    • Young (Digne 79)
    • Ings (Buendía 79)
    • Sanson (Dendoncker 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/22 at 23:59

Fantastic today, what a team performance from the manager the players and of course the fans. I picked JJ as man of the match but so many players put in good performances. 

Unai was constantly positioning players from the sidelines and we took our goals well, all great finishes. 

Yes Gerrard we do have quality despite you saying constantly that we lack quality. UTFV

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So, errrrrrmmm, I am going to blame autocorrect and claim that I have not been singing that wrong for years, :ph34r:

I'd given you the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was an autocorrect. Haha. Fair play for owning up!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Just got back now, really good performance from the boys, we look so much more relaxed on the ball and are not rushing or forcing things, a lot of the crowd still have to get used to this and yes there is always that thought in the back of our minds that we will mess up a square ball or something, but the transformation of the team in just a few days of the UNAI EMERY era is clear to see already.

This guy is just what we need, i kept glancing over to the dugout and he is always very active there and making sure to communicate with the team, it is rare you will see him in his seat. The future is looking really bright with him in charge.

Was also great to see us score a direct freekick, I think the last one i saw scored at the holte end of the stadium was the N'zogbia v hammers in 11/12 or 12/13 season. Roll on United in the cup and Brighton next week!

Conor must have done a few for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry are you telling me that some Manchester United fans are NOT from Manchester?

I don't believe you

Sorry, my bad. You are right. No Man U fans are from Manchester. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ender4 said:

At least we know who the trolls on the site are, one person has rated the manager very poor 😂.   (Unless it was a mis-click)

@Joshie2000wanna explain?

It wasn't a misckick, it was a poor performance, how dare UE set us up correctly, and make the players believe in them self's, how dare he break a 27 year wait on his debut against that dirty cheating team. He even had the cheek to use all 5 subs at the right time. 

This is not villa, and he can take his tactical prowess else where, I will not put up with this poor performance from him, if we stay up or finish top 10 he should be sacked 😂

Now I'm off to find some clean sheets to make my Unai Emery out banner 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

@Paul33

@lp_villa830

@AndyClarke

@Bosnichs Muller corner

@Yorke81

No judgement but I’m intrigued what you think Emery needed to do better to get a ‘very good’ rather than a ‘good’ rating?

Have you ever given a very good rating to a previous manager?

Fantastic match, spot on with tactics and motivating the whole squad!!

But why sub in McGinn, I think that was a wrong move, that fortunately didn’t cost us anything.

3 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

It wasn't a misckick, it was a poor performance, how dare UE set us up correctly, and make the players believe in them self's, how dare he break a 27 year wait on his debut against that dirty cheating team. He even had the cheek to use all 5 subs at the right time. 

This is not villa, and he can take his tactical prowess else where, I will not put up with this poor performance from him, if we stay up or finish top 10 he should be sacked 😂

Now I'm off to find some clean sheets to make my Unai Emery out banner 😁

So basically trolling on the voting?

25 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

I wonder if we switched at Brentford because the sun was so bright, so it was going to be harder in goal for Raya. I've still got a faint halo of light in my eyes from squinting at a few too many replays of the Bailey goal trying to figure out what on earth it looked like.

Taylor was terrible in a way that favoured United for most of that game today, but their fans did identify that not only was their wall seemingly insanely far back on the free kick, but we got away with taking it a foot or two back from where he'd drawn the marker, which probably did make it easier for Digne to get it up and down. Maybe a bit of retrospective restorative justice for a few of the Vidic red cards that never were though ay

My favourite moment of that game was the split second realisation that Watkins' pass for the third was good, and that everybody was going to get out of Ramsey's way in time for him to smash it

Second place was, in the stoppage time of a potential first win in 27 years against United, Douglas Luiz saying *** it and attempting to score another direct corner instead of playing it short. He won't stop because he can't stop 🤙

Actually interesting point there. Is there a rule the free kick has to be taken from the site of the offence, or just no closer to the goal than the offence. I don't think I've ever seen anyone trying to move it back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yorke81 said:

Fantastic match, spot on with tactics and motivating the whole squad!!

But why sub in McGinn, I think that was a wrong move, that fortunately didn’t cost us anything.

Fair enough. I thought the McGinn sub was good man management, got to make sure everyone knows they are part of the squad and he also brings energy at the point we were flagging a bit.   Thanks for your explanation though 👍

• Thanks 2

In one way today was the same as our horrible, painful home PL game v Man U in 2012 in that we were two goals in front shortly after half-time (thanks to Weimann). Of course we ended up losing, so today I refused to get carried away.

Today I was following the game with the BBC livetext out here in Chile... And like that day ten years ago, the cruel clock was ticking by so slowly. And for the last 20 minutes and even in added time I was pacing back and forth across my hotel room like an absolute loon. 🤪 So stressful but this time a miracle occurred... the usual United comeback never happened! Wtf?! 

image.png.b84890884e110983c19732d3351bc755.png

Ha !

Not this time, Manchester United, not this time ! 😬🤪🤓

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cool to see and hear some of the long-dedicated Villa supporters getting a taste of heaven today in beating Manure. It's clear this was monumental. Really happy for the old-timers, especially.

Not to take away from win, but that United were tired, too, and missing crucial talent. They couldn't match our intensity. Martinez looked uncharacteristically knackered. Europa schedule is brutal.  I think the cup tie is going to be harder, but shit, we're awesome.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â