Pre-Match Thread: Enter Emery

maqroll

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think you’re massively underestimating them. They will likely play with Erikson as the 10 and he will cause loads of problems.

They are much better in the last few games than last season and they still managed to finish in the Europa spots last season. 

Not saying they’re unbeatable but it won’t be an easy game.

Since they got smashed against Man City they are unbeaten in 5, winning 3, with only 2 goals conceded. Played Spurs, Chelsea and in form Newcastle in that run. Won all their europa league games in that period as well.

They are currently in very good form.

• Like 1

27yrs. 27 flipping years. 

During that time we’ve had 4 owners, countless shit managers, we’ve even had the joy of watching the likes of Øyvind Leonhardsen, Simon Dawkins and we’ve even watched Chris Samba employed as a center forward. 

Please let today be the day that ends the misery. 

We all know VARand reffing will gyp us today.

Sure as the sun sets, and the stars turn.

MOTD pundits did not even mention the possibility that KDB dived with minimal contact yesterday (he was called clever), and then went on a polemic about how none of the shouts in the Forest Brentford match (there were about 3 or 4) should have been pens because, you guessed it, there was minimal contact. 

I don't think it's a conspiracy, at that level anyway, because I don't think they even realise they are biased. They were more interested in the Haaland narrative. Coming on and scoring the winner. 

I wished it had been Shearer on last night, not because of any deep tactical insight, but because he has strong opinions, and I've seen him toe off on VAR and engage in dive-shaming. 

Someone needs to be on Eriksen today. Stop him and we’ll go a long way to getting ourselves into this game. Looking forward to seeing how much impact Emery can have on these sods after a few coaching sessions. Really could do with taking something and getting some positivity back in this place. Everything feels in place at this club except the product on the pitch but finally a manager with proper pedigree is in the door. Hopefully it signals the dawn of a new era with actual progress being made with a defined style of play. Come on you Viiilllaa

The only time we ever look like getting something against them, the refs and VAR find a way to screw us over. They're not quite the media darilings they used to be, but I'm sure they'll still get the decisions and we'll still have to fight against 12 men. Maybe with the fans in full voice and the full backing of Emery we'll have enough to overcome them.

Come on Unai.

• Like 1

It will be nice not to be able to moan about the line up today. Regardless of whether, say, McGinn starts, we’ve now got a manager who definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, knows better than all of us combined. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JB said:

It will be nice not to be able to moan about the line up today. Regardless of whether, say, McGinn starts, we’ve now got a manager who definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, knows better than all of us combined. 

Even if Heskey starts on the left of the midfield?

• Haha 1

On 03/11/2022 at 11:15, The Fun Factory said:

The sun will be out on a nice crisp autumn day. There will be no traffic problems and I will able to get a pint at the Bartons without waiting for half an hour. The team announcement will come out in which everyone will agree that it is correct formation with the current players. 

Emery will enter Villa Park on a bed of rose petals whilst acknowledging the crowd, confident that he has finally found his football home.   

We control the game and win 3-0 and there will be 2 minutes of injury time.

This will all happen. 

It's raining.