Pre-Match Thread: Enter Emery

maqroll

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm really not looking forward to this game. Sure it's exciting with Emery but he's had no where near enough time to make an impact, imo, But we shall see

To take this team to where Emery is going to want them is going to be a long process and we need to be patient. 

But Danks got a reaction 3 days after Gerrard left so it’s not impossible to think a much better manager will get the same. We of course going up against a much better team than Brentford. 

Interesting to hear that Unai spent the first day teaching them his press...

It's hard to predict who will be in the team given that he's new and that he's known for using many different formations, but if we're pressing from day one, I bet he will have high energy runners in the team, which means Watkins and Buendia will likely start.

• Like 2

Too early to expect much from this game, but it will be interesting to see something of his game management, tactics and the players he uses.

I think the players will put in plenty of effort; they will know they are playing for their careers.

16 hours ago, TomC said:

Interesting to hear that Unai spent the first day teaching them his press...

It's hard to predict who will be in the team given that he's new and that he's known for using many different formations, but if we're pressing from day one, I bet he will have high energy runners in the team, which means Watkins and Buendia will likely start.

Yeah, I think he’ll look to press as well. Ings is pretty good at it too FWIW; not sure about Bailey though!

It’s a game I honestly believe we can get something from if we play to our full potential. I think we just lack belief, especially when we go behind. Hopefully the Emery factor and presence on the touch line will help now. 

• Like 1

I'll predict a draw. We took 4 points out of 6 from them last year. Yes, they're playing better under Ten Hag. However, we have the advantage of surprise; nobody knows how Unai is going to play. We also do well when we let the other team have the ball and play on the counter, which is what will likely happen here. We may have problems if they score first, though.

• Like 2