Pre-Match Thread: Enter Emery

maqroll

1 hour ago, Django_Zooms said:

Anthony Taylor, who was born in Wythenshawe in Mancester, is today's referee, for the match with Manchester United... 😡

Probably means he grew up supporting Man City so wouldn’t worry too much about that. Now if the ref was from London I’d be worried. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Robbed, never a penalty, no way was he offside, and a red card. I can just hear it. I feel we will play well and up with that sickly feeling of being ripped off 

Aside from not beating them in so long I think this is what grates most of us, certainly me. 

Off the top of my head I could think of at least half a dozen times we’ve simply been cheated out of a win against this lot. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just came on here to post the same. This is a big boost for us. 

As is the fact that Maguire might be back. 

10 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Glad rat face ain't playing, he's cheated us out of points against these lot season-after-season. 

Hopefully VP is rocking and we get at them early doors. 

He did give us that penalty shot.

The hubble telescope has managed to locate the ball. Its currently in Jupiter's orbit, and has been colonised by miniature space rats.

• Haha 1

Excited to see the dawn of a new era but let's be realistic here, we are absolutely dross and low on confidence. The most likely result is a defeat. 

It's going to take a lot more than 3 days to uncoach the last 12 months.

I just expect to see a spirited performance with the players giving it 100%, a decent set up, a game plan and logical substitutions. 

Would happily take a point right now. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Glad rat face ain't playing, he's cheated us out of points against these lot season-after-season. 

If not him  it will be another cheating utd player 

We never get a dodgy decision in our favour against them ever. Even the vidic one was a red card

Yep, I'm sure whoever is doing VAR is currently being talked through how to award phantom penalties and decisions to Utd this afternoon. 

A win today would do so much for the club as a whole. It would galvanise us all, go some way to healing the crap of the Gerrard-era and push up the table a bit. Please, for once, just let us be that team that pulls a result out. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hiney said:

Excited to see the dawn of a new era but let's be realistic here, we are absolutely dross and low on confidence. The most likely result is a defeat. 

It's going to take a lot more than 3 days to uncoach the last 12 months.

I just expect to see a spirited performance with the players giving it 100%, a decent set up, a game plan and logical substitutions. 

Would happily take a point right now. 

I was quite excited about our prospects until I remembered the number of managers with similar reputations, going to other struggling clubs and having little effect.

41 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don’t hate many footballers but he’s in the hate category for being a cheating scumbag.