Pre-Match Thread: Enter Emery

maqroll

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

We can compete against this Utd 11

We can. However knowing us every Garnacho shot from 25 yards will fly into the top corner and he'll have a first half hat trick.

They're pretty weak in certain areas, Van De Beek was awful apparently in midweek and hardly played in two years. Thought they'd play Eriksen as the number 10 but seems he's not quick enough. He is however someone we can't affford to sit off.

Bar Rashford and the young kid they haven't got much pace around the team so wouldn't stretch us as much as a Man. City or Arsenal could do.

Interesting game ahead.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

That united team is very strong. Only thing id say though their bench is not very strong.

Is it? They're missing half their regular team (Varane, Fernandes, Anthony etc).

Didn't rate Dalot much but in fairness he's played well for them since they shipped six at Man. City, still someone Bailey can get at if he's positive on the ball and can get into the right areas.

I wouldn't have thought Unai has really had any time to get the measure of our players strengths and weaknesses in just a few days. He has probably listened to advice from remaining staff. I will not be measuring him or his tactics at all in this game. Unless of course if we win, then it will be a master stroke from the beginning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

I'm really trying to get excited for this game, but after seeing that list of underachievers again.... oh well.

To be fair they were being shoehorned into a woeful system and had little coaching. 

Fresh slate for every player under Emery, let's see what they can do being managed by a proper manager for once. 

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

He must of been impressed with JJ in training. I got a feeling the kid is going to bang one in today. 

That or he's missing any other wide player.

Interesting that our attacking options from the bench are Ings. Perhaps McGinn and Sanson can be called attacking players?

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

To be fair they were being shoehorned into a woeful system and had little coaching. 

Fresh slate for every player under Emery, let's see what they can do being managed by a proper manager for once. 

Not much can be changed in a couple days, our wounds are so deep. Let's hope for a good game and no spanking!

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm really trying to get excited for this game, but after seeing that list of underachievers again.... oh well.

Yeah, we really should have bought some new players this week. 

• Like 1