Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

19 minutes ago, AXD said:

Remember when Randy Lerner, a successful billionaire and sports team owner, bought Aston Villa?

Whilst I agree 100% with your sentiment, Randy Lerner was not in any way a successful billionaire.  His dad was the brains who made the money.  Randy seems to have spent most of his adult life pissing away the money his Dad left him.

• Like 4

A Twitter account which tracked Elon Musk's private jet has been suspended.

The automated bot, dubbed @ElonJet, was set up by a university student in Florida to chart the live location of the Tesla and SpaceX founder's aircraft.

Earlier this year, before he had launched his takeover of the platform, Musk requested that it be taken down.

He described the account as "a security risk" and even offered money in exchange, but the teenager quipped that payment would not replace the satisfaction he gained from running it.

On Wednesday, more than 10 months later, Musk seemed to finally get his way.

Visiting the account now states that it has been suspended as it violates Twitter's rules.

SKY

Just a guess but I guess a lot more of these accounts will pop up now

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

People misunderstood, as is often the case with right wing extremists, when he talks about free speech, he means his right to say what he wants without limitation or criticism. Other people can worry about their own free speech, why don't they just buy one of the world's largest platforms.

I wonder if all he's actually doing is stripping Twitter of "liberals".  If that's his only goal here and the money is irrelevant.

If it isn't, then what the **** is he playing at :D 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Forget Bots, forget that, he has so many fanboys, a ridiculous amount hanging on to his every word, where did they come from? Are they tesla fans, crypto? How did he get them?

People who dream of Thunderbirds becoming a reality, where private enterprise develops special technology to save the world.

Vehicles and rockets are a good start.

Thinking about it, Tracy Island is all a bit Ayn Rand.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Forget Bots, forget that, he has so many fanboys, a ridiculous amount hanging on to his every word, where did they come from? Are they tesla fans, crypto? How did he get them?

Originally he was incredibly popular with crypto enthusiast techbros who worshipped him as a real life incarnation of Tony Stark, because he was rich, invented the electric car (I know), was taking us to mars, but most importantly, because he shit-posted lots of le memes on Twitter. Now it seems to be a big group of Trumpster incels. I'm not entirely sure whether or not that's actually different people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Originally he was incredibly popular with crypto enthusiast techbros who worshipped him as a real life incarnation of Tony Stark, because he was rich, invented the electric car (I know), was taking us to mars, but most importantly, because he shit-posted lots of le memes on Twitter. Now it seems to be a big group of Trumpster incels. I'm not entirely sure whether or not that's actually different people

Has anyone ever met an incel?

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I’m sure an enormous number of these have multiple accounts.

But I think a lot of this started with TED Talks and the rise of the entrepreneur hero (Steve Jobs) and is basically a consequence of social media algos interacting with low interest rates + quantitative easing meaning there were insane amounts of money to be made pumping growth stocks, meme stocks, crypto etc.

A very toxic brew, and perhaps one of the positive consequences of a recession + interest rates going up will be the tide going out on all this bullshit. Tesla stock is tanking, crypto is tanking, big reality check for everyone.

• Like 3

Â