Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Oh yes. Oldest trick in the book pretend to be what you are not when you are a heinous organisation that you know will be rejected by society as a whole if they really knew what you are. 

I’m not racist… but… 

• Like 1

The free speech advocate is banning the accounts of anyone who tweets the video of him being booed off stage.

It seems to me that being a CEO can't be such a tough gig if he's got all this time to dick about on the internet while "running" 3 companies.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Seems Musk is making twitter 4,000 characters. That should kill it nicely.

Torn on that, in principle (in practice, couldn't give a ****, I deleted my account, and only use it now for keeping gone eye on the car crash)

On the one had, it goes against the entire principle of what a tweet is. On the other, people have been subverting that for years.

There's nothing as annoying (1/79)

as people using Twitter 'threads' (2/79)

as a medium for sharing long (3/79)

pieces of  text that you (4/79)

have to scroll through and (5/79)

read one sentence at a (6/79)

time.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Torn on that, in principle (in practice, couldn't give a ****, I deleted my account, and only use it now for keeping gone eye on the car crash)

On the one had, it goes against the entire principle of what a tweet is. On the other, people have been subverting that for years.

time.

It will very much depend on how it affects the visual.  A thread is still a series of small non-invasive smaller tweets that I can choose to click into or not. A wall of 4,000 character posts could be like logging onto wordpress and just viewing a load of blogs. It'll destroy the flow of the site. It'll completely change what twitter is.  It certainly can't claim to be a 'micro-blogging site' after that. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

time.

Seth Abramson won't know what to do with himself. He's made a career of (1/6000) long tweet threads about the latest Trump silver bullet. 

Ha, just checked, seems he's jumped off to one of the multitudes of Twitter 2.0 options.

Edited by Chindie

6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Was it before or after this? Wonder how his ego took it. Not good is the answer I know.

Musk's Tweet is timed 25 mins prior but that doesn't mean anything other than they are related events. Your tweet probably isn't live

I guess if you go down Rabbit holes on Twitter and then become an echo chamber on there, you can start to think that what you're saying and doing most people agree with. 

Like his Pronoun tweet had half a million likes "wow, look at me, half a million likes, the people love me" .... He thinks he onto something not realising than 50,000,000 other Americans have realised he's an absolute dick. 

Edited by sidcow

The guy crying about pronouns called his kid X Æ A-12. 

He also once said that twitter would be a forum for a peaceful exchange of views. I don't think he's really following that up very well himself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sne said:

No longer the richest person in the world according to Forbes. Passed by  Louis Vuittons owner Bernard Arnault.

Might be a fun twitter thread in the making.

Poke some fun at the guy who is only worth $185,000,000,000 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

I have to admit, I did not know what Musk's tweet meant, but if it is encouraging what he is accused of here it will be further evidence of his state of mind.  That whole Q thing is so weird.

It seems like everyone has interpreted it how they want. I thought it was a reference to Alice in Wonderland myself. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It seems like everyone has interpreted it how they want. I thought it was a reference to Alice in Wonderland myself. 

That's where the QAnon line originally comes from. 

It's an ambiguous message, it usually is from shit-stirrers like this, and in isolation could certainly be laughed off as people seeing something that isn't there, but Musk's mask has slipped enough times to show what lies beneath it.  He's a very dangerous man.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's where the QAnon line originally comes from. 

It's an ambiguous message, it usually is from shit-stirrers like this, and in isolation could certainly be laughed off as people seeing something that isn't there, but Musk's mask has slipped enough times to show what lies beneath it.  He's a very dangerous man.

He’s always loved trolling and shitposting but he has a much wider platform now. 

Aside from the fueling of far-right incel conspiracies, things are...still a **** disaster.

A month ago: Everyone must come in to the office. Anyone who doesn't want to pledge allegiance within 24 hours can leave with 3 months' wages.

Now: You must come into those offices, but we're not going to pay for them. 3 months' wages? lol no.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/twitter-stopped-paying-office-rent-051634280.html

Twitter’s new boss Elon Musk has reportedly instructed employees to not pay vendors, including rent for its offices in anticipation of potential lawsuits against the social media giant.

Twitter, which has laid off nearly half of its workforce, has not paid rent for its San Francisco headquarters and global offices for weeks, reported The New York Times on Tuesday, citing people close to the company.

The company is attempting to renegotiate the terms of its lease agreements.

Twitter has also reportedly discussed the consequences of not paying severance fees to the staff that were fired during its recent mass layoffs.

The NYT also reported, citing a recent New Hampshire lawsuit, that Twitter has refused to pay a $197,725 bill for private charter flights taken in late October when Mr Musk took over the company.

While the company initially decided it would give at least two months of pay and one month of severance pay to laid off employees in compliance with US federal and state labour laws, it is now deliberating not paying severance packages to the fired staff, according to the NYT.

Hopefully they take him to the cleaners

Edited by Davkaus

Â