Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Why's he trying to run Twitter via polls of his followers? 

It's a sham. Would be like Trump trying to run America by making MAGA a club and running polls of MAGA members. 

Also down to the fact that he holds the levers. He can just ban a bunch of accounts that vote yes, which he probably will.

Judging by the pictures last night in the WC he's involved in some of the closer circles around Trump. I think the American public should consider why he's chosen to buy Twitter, and possibly start reintroducing the media laws from the 70's where the current partisan ownership of different things were strictly controlled and media actually had to have proof before publishing things. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well he’s currently losing 57 / 43 with two hours left so if he’s going to rig the vote it might be a bit noticeable 😅

Or maybe he’s bored of his new toy already and wants an excuse to move it on.

I ditched it a short while back primarily because of him, as much as I tried to avoid him, others were intent on ensuring that he popped up on my timeline. That said, he would still be owner, he would still wield power, he would still have final say, this poll is nothing in the end.

• Like 1

I would say, "What a shambles." But let's be fair, this is just how it is going to be under his ownership.

Can't believe he got such a high percentage of the vote to be honest. Seems to have attracted a lot of MAGA weirdos judging by the comments.

It seems it doesn't take much in the way of social skills to become the world's richest man.

I'm glad the guy that owns Moet Chandon is now  the richest in the world. At least he brings joy to people's lives by getting them pissed.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Paying that much money for something that, in his own words, is headed for bankruptcy, doesn't strike me as something the greatest businessman in the world would do.

How dare you criticise Elon Musk - businessman extraordinaire.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the man is mentally unwell.

Judging from the engineers that actually created Tesla and SpaceX, he's definitely got some sort of personality disorder. He craves attention like no other, forces people to work beyond anything and strikes me as having Asperger or something.

Should've stayed in the lab, where he's actually done things that can be put in the good column. It's easy to get engineers to work on revolutionising the car industry or inventing a self-landing rocket, it's another issue to force people to work as hard at wiping the behinds of the MAGA crowd at Twitter HQ.

Edited by magnkarl

43 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Judging from the engineers that actually created Tesla and SpaceX, he's definitely got some sort of personality disorder. He craves attention like no other, forces people to work beyond anything and strikes me as having Asperger or something.

Should've stayed in the lab, where he's actually done things that can be put in the good column. It's easy to get engineers to work on revolutionising the car industry or inventing a self-landing rocket, it's another issue to force people to work as hard at wiping the behinds of the MAGA crowd at Twitter HQ.

Isn’t this a myth? Elon doesn’t actually have any formal scientific / engineering background afaik

• Like 4

Â