Unai Emery

PeterSw

Everyone wetting the bed! 😀

Let's not worry about things we can't control and enjoy what we have. Don Unai is here. He's not said he wants to challenge himself at another club. Lets also look at the facts;

1. He left Sevilla for PSG. I don't think he'd have left Sevilla for many other clubs. PSG were on the rise then with an unlimited budget. Arguably he'd taken Sevilla as far as anybody could in the modern game.

2. PSG threw him under the bus. He won the domestic trophies yet they still sacked him. I don't imagine he looks back at working for them very fondly.

3. He joined Arsenal after Wenger who also threw him under a bus. He was cruelly mocked by all yet was exceptional given the budget and players he had.

4. At Villarreal he turned down Newcastle. He joined us because we've given him the chance to build the club in his image, his way.

5. We're supporting him in all aspects. He's got the management, coaching, and scouting team he wants. The club is growing, and getting more successful.

Edited by Jonesy7211
typo
  • Like 4

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He is only 52 and the weather is terrible here.

That's a really good point. Hasn't it rained pretty much continuously since Unai arrived at Villa? Maybe he's getting his power from the rain gods.

17 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Everyone wetting the bed! 😀

Let's not worry about things we can't control and enjoy what we have. Don Unai is here. He's not said he wants to challenge himself at another club. Lets also look at the facts;

1. He left Sevilla for PSG. I don't think he'd have left Sevilla for many other clubs. PSG were on the rise then with an unlimited budget. Arguably he'd taken Sevilla as far as anybody could in the modern game.

2. PSG threw him under the bus. He won the domestic trophies yet they still sacked him. I don't imagine he looks back at working for them very fondly.

3. He joined Arsenal after Wenger who also threw him under a bus. He was cruelly mocked by all yet was exceptional given the budget and players he had.

4. At Villarreal he turned down Newcastle. He joined us because we've given him the chance to build the club in his image, his way.

5. We're supporting him in all aspects. He's got the management, coaching, and scouting team he wants. The club is growing, and getting more successful.

That's a good analysis.

In summary, he got sacked from 2 clubs, he left one club because the richest (maybe second richest) club in the world offered him a job, and the other time he left was for Villa. 

He'll eventually win us the Champions League and then only leave for Real Madrid.

• Thanks 1

He'll stay while we're pushing on. At the very least a couple more years IMO.

Don't forget Monchi has relatively just arrived and we've only bought Rogers and a couple of other kids in that time. Despite PSR etc, I couldn't be more excited about who might come in over the summer and where we might be this time next year. Emery ain't going to bail before they've even got going together.

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Excellent news, puts the silly rumours to bed.  He's the most important part of the club, i'd rather lose Watkins, Emi and Luiz at the same time than Unai.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 3

Fantastic news and great timing by the club.

That puts any speculation to bed now. Villa is his club, his staff, even his family are firmly part of it.

I can see Unai here for 3-4 years and when he does go he'll go down as one of the greatest managers of modern times.

• Like 2

what a lovely bit of unexpected good news. fantastic. probably one of the club's top earners you'd have thought now?

• Like 1

Â