Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's doing what so many other couldn't, I'm getting used to the passing around the back and it looks like the players are too. 

Dominant performance today, we don't get many of those at home regardless of who we play.

Playing well away from home, getting all the bases covered. I'm not bothered about Europe this season, its too early but if we keep this up we could sneak in

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Where are we in the form table since Professor Emery took over?

3rd. Tied with City on points but more games played and a worse GD.

Potentially as low as 7th depending on how other games go this weekend. Brentford are on 24, Newcastle and Liverpool 23 with games in hand. 

• Like 1

From the BBC...

Maybe the best 90 minutes we played here since I arrived'

FT: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth

Aston Villa boss Unai Emery to BBC Match of the Day: "After the matches we lost to Arsenal and Leicester, the reaction has been fantastic. Today is maybe the best 90 minutes we played here since I arrived. We conceded some chances to them, but I think it is normal because they are in a good moment.

"I'm happy today and I want to share it with the players and supporters."

On Jacob Ramsey: "He is young; he is here and involved at Aston Villa. He has the potential to learn some things and understand tactically what we want. Today he played the best match since I'm here."

• Like 1

He is performing miracles with this squad, especially when he hasn't had a summer window to build his own team and get rid of the few who evidently aren't capable of playing his way week in week out. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Unai table update... 3rd! ( Although teams around us do have games in hand )

FB_IMG_1679163698996.jpg

Citeh have spent a billion on their squad - yet the same points since Unai started, who has signed Moreno and a young colombian kid. Someone give Unai the chequebook. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Unai table update... 3rd! ( Although teams around us do have games in hand )

FB_IMG_1679163698996.jpg

The fact we could fall as low as 7th when the other teams play their games in hand show just how insanely hard it is to get European football imo.

If we played like this all season and only got 7th I’d actually be quite disappointed. But it’s not unrealistic.

• Like 1

The difference he has made to this team is brilliant. It’s only going to get better as well. 
He’ll be happy with the win and the clean sheet, but I think the perfectionist in him will still be unhappy with some of it. Konsa and Cash got split quite a few times and that won’t be acceptable.

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

He is performing miracles with this squad, especially when he hasn't had a summer window to build his own team and get rid of the few who evidently aren't capable of playing his way week in week out. 

It’s a testament to the level he’s at though in fairness. A manager chopping and changing every window never sits well with me and it shows their limitations as a coach. 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

The difference he has made to this team is brilliant. It’s only going to get better as well. 
He’ll be happy with the win and the clean sheet, but I think the perfectionist in him will still be unhappy with some of it. Konsa and Cash got split quite a few times and that won’t be acceptable.

I don’t have this naive expectancy that we will win every week, and that’s ok but under Gerrard, Smith ( not been harsh ), Bruce , we literally asked the question on here “ What are they doing Monday to Friday “ That doesn’t enter my head with this guy. If we lose, i can concede that maybe the opposition have just been better on the day but with Emery im never left in any doubt that the prep has been anything but thorough. There is a great level of comfort in that as a supporter. 

• Like 4

Â