Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, villaliver said:

Give him 50 million in January In February we will be in dreamland everyone deserves a chance lets see what he does  

If he is getting the rumoured budget put to Pocch he'll have £100m Jan and £150m in the summer plus what he gets from sales 😳🤞

Edited by stewiek2

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do any of our Spanish league / European football resident experts have any concerns about this appointment or are we universally happy?

Universially happy, it seems. 

I won’t claim to be a La Liga expert, but I follow it a bit and he’s done an excellent job with the Yellow Submarines (just for you @bickster.) 

More importantly, I exchanged some tweets with a guy who does PL commentary in Norway and also used to do La Liga games for years and happens to be a massive Villareal fan. He had nothing but praise for Emery. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So do we know anything about emerys back room team?

When gerrards was coming there was a big deal about beale coming so wondering who emery has?

Emery being the " Big Deal " is his coaching setup is a positive surely?

Will certainly get support from the fans, as every manager has, but probably get a bit more time than others given his record.

I wasn't convinced with Villarreal when I watched them in Europe but maybe they are punching a bit at that level and have to manage games a bit better. Not a fan of 4-4-2 but he will have tactical flexibility with this squad and he used different systems at other clubs, as long as he stays away from a narrow 4-3-3 we should see improvements.

I watched a quick video of him messing with a tactics board talking about how he beat Liverpool in 2016. Double pivot, switching plays, overload and nothing about collectively and individually, it's a good start.

This is the step up we should have taken from Smith and even if this fails, you can say it was a good appointment at the time. Lets try and forget the last year of nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wow… just wow.

Going from SG to Emery must be the biggest managerial upgrade EVER! 🤣

This is major, really demonstrates our intent, ambition and… allure…

We mean business and we’ve made such a good decision and a major coup…

It’s time to move forwards and start having some success.

NSWE are not messing about!

Let the good times roll… at last!

This is a really big deal and I am delighted!

UTV.

Going from Danks to Emery might be the biggest managerial downgrade ever 😉

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’m serious. I just know Arsenal seemed pretty one paced and predictable under him.

My positivity is for this is high, based on what others say. I’m probably ignorant. 

I mean every hiring will be a gamble as to whether or not it’ll work out. There’s nothing wrong with be questioning it. But I feel like if you ask people, majority would consider him one of the top 20 managers in the world. He plays exciting football, he’s  won a lot throughout his managerial career and from things I’ve read it seems like this Villarreal team is the type of team he was hoping to build at Arsenal. I think that bodes well for us as we will give him every resource available to construct the team as he sees fit. Plus already have the base for the style he likes to play. Everything points to this being a brilliant signing. Let’s just hope it does turn out that way, lol.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So along with his Villa obsession in clubs names apparently one of his assistants is called Pablo VILLAnueva 😂 

Unai loves us before today.  It was written in the stars!

It's spooky .... Pablo New Villa is his number one assistant!

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I mean every hiring will be a gamble as to whether or not it’ll work out. There’s nothing wrong with be questioning it. But I feel like if you ask people, majority would consider him one of the top 20 managers in the world. He plays exciting football, he’s  won a lot throughout his managerial career and from things I’ve read it seems like this Villarreal team is the type of team he was hoping to build at Arsenal. I think that bodes well for us as we will give him every resource available to construct the team as he sees fit. Plus already have the base for the style he likes to play. Everything points to this being a brilliant signing. Let’s just hope it does turn out that way, lol.

For me part of his firing was the inevitable let down after Wenger. Same with Moyes after Fergie - if he had been given more time, who knows...

• Like 2

Â