Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 hours ago, calcifer said:

It was a garbage performance but was always a banana skin, I suppose Liverpool fans are calling for Klopp to be sacked after drawing with Fulham. Give him till November, if there is no improvement then yeah bin him off! But we don't want to be sacking and hiring managers every 12 months! Every manager has a different playing style so alway having to rebuild!! 

Not really, Klopp just came off a double nearly a quadruple. We have won 1 in about 12 is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We had a bad game. Conceding early away from home is tough and we probably forced it and lost composure. We have a home game next and if we perform we can get back on track quickly.

People are overreacting because they're raw

Or just seeing the same as the end of last season and thus struggling to see the positives when nothing has changed.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hilarious overreacting

Didn't Arsenal get hammered by Brentford last season on opening day and should have had 4th wrapped up come the end of the season

People need to chill out. Seriously 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We had a bad game. Conceding early away from home is tough and we probably forced it and lost composure. We have a home game next and if we perform we can get back on track quickly.

“Hilarious overreacting”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well I’ve never seen any sign he’s the right manager with a plan to take us forward.

Today’s play and some of his baffling decisions just strengthened my doubts. 

We won’t sack him for a few months at least but nothing is suggesting to me tat he’s an elite Premier League level manager. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We won’t sack him for a few months at least but nothing is suggesting to me tat he’s an elite Premier League level manager

I think he may be capable of taking that decision out of the clubs hands in the next few weeks... His next appointment will be BT or Sky. 

6 minutes ago, Villarcana said:

Not really, Klopp just came off a double nearly a quadruple. We have won 1 in about 12 is it?

Away against a promoted team is always hard! Last season is the past, its no wins in 1. Steve nearly has the team he wants so let's give him until the world Cup break, if we are bottom 3 then yeah fire him into the sun!! But after 1 game of the new season let's see how he fairs over the next few games! 

• Like 1

If he does get eventually get the sack though, his replacement needs to be an elite manager, as close to a guarantee of being a success with us as possible, a name that people might imagine we wouldn't be able to attract, similar to when we appointed O'Neill, if we keep appointing managers just because they've done well at lesser clubs in the hope that at a club with more resources they willl do better, then we will just keep going around and around in circles.

I don't know if we could get him specifically but if not Pochettino then would have to be some other brilliant manager of a similar calibre.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Might be overreacting but the reason is that it looks just like last season with the same issues despite adding new players and having a pre season. It's not based on this game alone.'

Gerrard is not going anywhere so it is what it is.

Yeah look, we get behind the team at Villa Park and hopefully we get a run of results to wash this one away

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah look, we get behind the team at Villa Park and hopefully we get a run of results to wash this one away

Even you must have some alarm bells ringing concerning some of the decisions that are being made? 

33 minutes ago, calcifer said:

But we don't want to be sacking and hiring managers every 12 months! Every manager has a different playing style so alway having to rebuild

I think the issue is on this one there is no evidence of ANY playing style.

But agree he’s miles off getting sacked, Purslow has put his eggs in this basket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

But agree he’s miles off getting sacked, Purslow has put his eggs in this basket.

I think he'll have a lot more rope than Smith was given because this is all on Purslow. Unless the owners push for it I can't see Purslow being quick to show his mistake. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm happy to give him time but if you don't think there are any issues or concerns then you're absolutely kidding yourself. 

I'm not DC, I was with Dean Smith, but they sacked a decent manager who was developing something for Gerrard. He has been brought in to get results and he isn't, and not only that we are looking worse. If by the winter break things are not greatly improved he needs to go. That's my thoughts on it anyway.

4 hours ago, calcifer said:

Away against a promoted team is always hard! Last season is the past, its no wins in 1. Steve nearly has the team he wants so let's give him until the world Cup break, if we are bottom 3 then yeah fire him into the sun!! But after 1 game of the new season let's see how he fairs over the next few games! 

If he persists with whatever tactic he thinks that was today the football gods will strike sooner than later as we will be bottom 3 by that point, there's no way that today was in anyway encouraging.

I agree we cannot just fire him now, he should have a chance to tweak the system. But he seems tactically stubborn like he wants to invent a new style of play and win that way only. I enjoyed Smith a lot more if I'm honest. At least we had wide players cutting in and a bit of entertainment, we had a shape at least, and at least we could get behind a Villa man although he found his level,

for me It's been a drag under Stevie and it just doesn't fit. He's becoming less relatable by the game. 

I'm more than happy to see some change to the system. It's not him personally as he has promise and reputation, it was a good experiment/gamble in theory,  it's just that ridiculous system. And the fact we are so so very soft, always so soft Villa.

The problems I'm seeing can change with either a new tactical plan or a change of manager.

Kamikaze wing backs.Confused defensive positioning, slow build up, Its just a mess, we barely create anything with some of the most creative players we have had for years because the Premier league teams are too good for us to just pass our way through the middle of the park, which often leads to congestion and then we eventually get it wide and just a hopeful hoof into the box.

I want to enjoy us playing football, today was so painful and inevitable. No plan B. I'm not seeing lack of effort and I don't blame the players, I see tactical ineptitude

anyway he might change the game plan and formation and we win 4-0 next game and he will be the second coming of Ron Saunders

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Can anyone describe our style of play ?