Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

I haven't underminded my own point, Pochettino has since proven himself at a very high level.

It would be like me saying we need elite players players proven at the highest level, and suggesting someone like Bellingham as an example and then someone replying saying I've undermined my point because Bellingham start off at small heath.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Hilarious overreacting

Didn't Arsenal get hammered by Brentford last season on opening day and should have had 4th wrapped up come the end of the season

People need to chill out. Seriously 

I'v been chillin for 40 years, sadly so have villa, I am still waitin for a reason to say we are cooking, quite the opposite, we have been sitting at the bottom of the freezer, and SG just don't have a clue how to get us defrosted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Dean Smith was sacked after 11 games of the season due to a poor calendar year of results.

Circumstances are more or less exactly the same here again, so has Gerrard got 10 games to save his job?

I’d say so, he shouldn’t be treated better than the guy who got us up and kept us there for 2 and a bit seasons. How many points were we on when smith got the chop?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Losing patience with gerrard but after one game of the season? Thats embarrassing 

Wrong! Losing patience after 9 months and one full pre season and two transfer windows. No improvement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Wrong! Losing patience after 9 months and one full pre season and two transfer windows. No improvement. 

No whats wrong is sacking a manager after ONE league game. Thats small time and embarrassing 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

No whats wrong is sacking a manager after ONE league game. Thats small time and embarrassing 

Sacking Gerrard to get Poch is BIG TIME! He wont be out of work for long. Lets Strike first like Cobra Kai

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Can anyone describe our style of play ? 

Slow ponderous football that would work in the SPL when you're up against St Mirren with ten times the budget/players they have. Woefully inadequate in our position and in the prem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's not one game, Demitri. Today was like so many games last season. 

Lexi you don't sack a manager after one game in a season. I cant support that.

He needs a minimum 6-8 games

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Sacking Gerrard to get Poch is BIG TIME! He wont be out of work for long. Lets Strike first like Cobra Kai

Look i would love poch here. But you think poch would come to a club who sacks their manager after ONE league game? Makes us look like laughing stocks

• Like 2

So you support the sacking of Gerrard after 5 more games then! We're glad for your approval. 

Look i would love poch here. But you think poch would come to a club who sacks their manager after ONE league game? Makes us look like laughing stocks

Well Poch better step up then get us playing nice football and more importally get results, otherwise he gonna get sacked.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Look, I agree that it'd be a bit premature but tbh, if there's no improvement in the next 2 games alone, I'd bin him off. The argument at the back end of last season was that he needs a pre-season, and it was fair enough to say that. When we see the same ponderous, thoughtless garbage on the pitch against a team that we are so much more talented than, though... 

If we could get Pochettino in, I'd sack him immediately, ngl.