Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It can but its a massive long shot. I don't think he'd be interested and I think Newcastle would easily attract him over us. 

The key thing is I think Newcastle will do well this season so their job won't be up for grabs for a while.  If we were proactive and approached Pochettino with our vision of the future he could be impressed plus I'm not sure how much he enjoyed the experience of being in charge of big egos at PSG.  We clearly sounded out Gerrard before we sacked Dean so I wouldn't be surprised if we did the same now, even if nothing happens for a couple of months.

This chat is the start of the inevitable Gerrard has annoyed fans off too much he's a dea man walking, yep after 1 game of rubbish he's done and I for one am so happy he's done, system is BS the starting eleven BS and the captaincy decision beyond belief.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Our last two managers have come from Walsall and Rangers. We haven't finished in the top half in the prem in over a decade. 

Why the hell would Poch come here? 

If there was any talk of him looking to return to the prem, they'd be so many other clubs jumping at the chance. 

The 6 big clubs don’t look like changing anytime soon (could change of course). The Prem is the most attractive league to work in and all the money is here. Villa have possibly the richest owners, and one of the best squads, outside the big 6.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

If Poch is fine with it and would come here, I honestly wouldn't care how we'd be perceived by others. 

He wont be fine with it i think of we sacked him after one league game. We dont wnat to come across like clowns. Its going to put off good managers from taking the job.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

World Cup break for me. It presents an unique situation to make changes if needed.

Think Poch is a pipe dream (never wrong to dream, sometimes they come true) but there are names out there that are gettable.

I'm pretty convinced by now that it will not work out as we hope under Gerrard but I don't think the club is at that opinion yet and I don't think we will act on it anytime soon regardless.

IF they do feel it's time to act I rather they do it during the WC break than wait until Jan. 

Disagree. If this continues things will get nasty very very quickly.

IF we’re going to get a new manager, which we won’t and shouldn’t yet, it had to be someone who’s shown to be tactically flexible and gets the best out of players. Pochettino was hired by Southampton and Spurs before he was an unattainable name. Get THAT guy.

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Disagree. If this continues things will get nasty very very quickly.

Think we are still a way from when the Brussels sprouts start flying and I'm certain the club will give Gerrard a more than fair number of chances to turn it around. 

Even think that if there is a falling out some players they will be moved on rather than the manager. To our detriment sadly.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Think we are still a way from when the Brussels sprouts start flying and I'm certain the club will give Gerrard a more than fair number of chances to turn it around. 

Even think that if there is a falling out some players they will be moved on rather than the manager. To our detriment sadly.

Depends. If we carry on the season the way we were today we'll be in full on crisis mode before long. The board will be furious if after that good recruitment in the summer we're just heading into the same place we were last season before Smith was sacked.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Undermined your own point here. Pochettino earned his reputation working wonders at 'lesser clubs', like most successful managers you could possibly think of, with the exception of Pep Guardiola and perhaps even Gerrard. Hiring Gerrard compounded the error in sacking Dean Smith.

We last finished above Spurs in 2008-09 season so they've been miles infront of us for a very long time now.

He took them from finishing 6th/7th to CL regulars so from where we are that's the type of step up we need, manager who you'd be confident could get us in the mix for 7th.

I guess Nuno could be considered aswell but we'd be even more boring to watch than we are now.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It can but its a massive long shot. I don't think he'd be interested and I think Newcastle would easily attract him over us. 

Howe signed a new long term deal yesterday so they won't be looking for another manager for another 18 months as I think he'll have them close to europa qualification this year.

We are thinking big in terms of signing players at long last, now time we did that with management.

Edit: Budget we've given Gerrard is also more than Poch had in some summers at Spurs .

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He wont be fine with it i think of we sacked him after one league game. We dont wnat to come across like clowns. Its going to put off good managers from taking the job.

Do managers really care about stuff like that? He came in at Southampton to replace Adkins when he'd just got them two promotions in two years and everyone was saying what a disgrace it was.

Conte was happy replacing Nuno at Spurs last season who was there for about 10 games.

Gerrard isn't getting sacked imminently but he isn't lasting very long if we don't start winning soon, think that's pretty clear as it would be much worse form than Smith considering we had 10 points from our first 6 games last season.

3 hours ago, sne said:

I was working on a food analogy where Gerrard was being gifted a fantastic Master Chef style pantry with everything you could ever ask for but the only thing he could serve up was this.

In the pantry | Coles                                                       image.jpeg.67b9775e4479edc1e5cb98be001d7f90.jpeg

Fully agree this is a terrible analogy :D 

“Steven has served a Scottish meatball, a Brazilian luxury vegetable, tactics three ways, and covered it in a Purslow cream”

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Howe signed a new long term deal yesterday so they won't be looking for another manager for another 18 months as I think he'll have them close to europa qualification this year.

We are thinking big in terms of signing players at long last, now time we did that with management.

Edit: Budget we've given Gerrard is also more than Poch had in some summers at Spurs .

Truth is, none of you would have wanted Howe if it was an option before he went to Newcastle, let's keep it real.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

“Steven has served a Scottish meatball, a Brazilian luxury vegetable, tactics three ways, and covered it in a Purslow cream”

Captained off by a deep-fried Mars bar.