Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

20 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Pochettino is not ‘gettable’. It’s utterly delusional. NSWE and Purslow are not going to just get rid of Gerard now. If and when that eventually happens, Pochettino will already be at another club (likely one that is much bigger than ours).

Pochettino would jump at the chance to manage in England again, especially for a team who's willing to spend lots of money.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I wonder if the reason that Carney decided not to sign for us was because of Gerrard and the direction he thought he was taking Villa....

no.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Howe signed a new deal yesterday so he's safe for this season unless Newcastle are bottom 6 but today's win suggest they'll be much higher.

Rodgers may become available at some point this season so that depends on timing. I rate Rodgers but Pochettinho has a higher ceiling.

Could always appoint Bielsa I guess for the popcorn debates....😍

I like Rodgers too and think he gets unfair stick from Leicester fans. Bielsa I’m not so sure but I think all of them far better and more proven than Gerrard!

Hilarious overreacting

Didn't Arsenal get hammered by Brentford last season on opening day and should have had 4th wrapped up come the end of the season

People need to chill out. Seriously 

6 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I wonder if the reason that Carney decided not to sign for us was because of Gerrard and the direction he thought he was taking Villa....

No, something more like this:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

My post is not hysterical in the slightest and I will never be a happy clapper. I do however recognise that we had two players making their PL debuts today, it’s only the first game of the season and we are not yet at the close of the transfer window. It’s not time to lose our composure after an admittedly poor afternoon. If things are no better in 15 games time then let’s start the conversation.

No better than today in 15 games time?

**** me, we'll be bottom of the league with 0 points.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hilarious overreacting

Didn't Arsenal get hammered by Brentford last season on opening day and should have had 4th wrapped up come the end of the season

Hello Purslow

16 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why? 

It was a garbage performance but was always a banana skin, I suppose Liverpool fans are calling for Klopp to be sacked after drawing with Fulham. Give him till November, if there is no improvement then yeah bin him off! But we don't want to be sacking and hiring managers every 12 months! Every manager has a different playing style so alway having to rebuild!! 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hilarious overreacting

Yeah we are clearly on the same trajectory as Arsenal. Just need to continue with the same tactic that is not working and it'll all be fine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

My post is not hysterical in the slightest and I will never be a happy clapper. I do however recognise that we had two players making their PL debuts today, it’s only the first game of the season and we are not yet at the close of the transfer window. It’s not time to lose our composure after an admittedly poor afternoon. If things are no better in 15 games time then let’s start the conversation.

15 games! thats 15 losses

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Every manager has a different playing style so alway having to rebuild!! 

Well, to a degree (broad setups can be similar). Every manager has a different one to Gerrard though (for good reason)!

He will be nowhere close to getting the sack, just been allowed to sign Carlos, Digne, Kamara, Coutinho and others, and we will likely bring in more before the transfer window closes. We've also just paid one million plus to bring in Critchley as his assistant, someone who probably hasn't even had much chance to work with the team yet because of missing the Australia tour.

If we're as bad as we were last season over the first ten games then maybe something could happen, maybe sooner if we have a run of straight defeats, but could say that about most managers at any time, lets see if it actually happens first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah we are clearly on the same trajectory as Arsenal. Just need to continue with the same tactic that is not working and it'll all be fine.

We had a bad game. Conceding early away from home is tough and we probably forced it and lost composure. We have a home game next and if we perform we can get back on track quickly.

People are overreacting because they're raw

Just now, CVByrne said:

We had a bad game. Conceding early away from home is tough and we probably forced it and lost composure. We have a home game next and if we perform we can get back on track quickly.

People are overreacting because they're raw

Might be overreacting but the reason is that it looks just like last season with the same issues despite adding new players and having a pre season. It's not based on this game alone.'

Gerrard is not going anywhere so it is what it is.

• Like 1