Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

Think Brendan Rodgers would be a great fit for us tbh

I would take Brenda Frazer at the moment! 

Sadly Steve is out of his depth, I don't see a positive outcome. He will contuine to play the same players regardless of how crap they play, but Perslow won't pull the trigger. All the per season talk of top 7? Forget it with Slippy G at the helm! Unless he grows a pair bottom half mediocrity awaits! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Why wait? Season just gone, get rid of him now before its too late.
Gerrard had enough time and hasnt impressed. His football is worse than Steve Bruce. 
Its time to go. Really good managers on the market now waiting for big jobs like Villa

As long as you mean ‘big job’ in the sense of ‘pain in the arse with ridiculous fans’.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

There is an opportunity there to bring in a top class manager in Pochettino… that won’t last.

Look what’s happened to Spurs and getting Conte.

If we really have the ambition we drone on about, then show it.

Gerrard is shite and has shown nothing, he is clueless and relies on a huge back room team who are also…. shite.

Would he come though?

Also no to Bielsa.

Whoever replaces him cannot be a punt on developing a good manager. We need proven skill at managing football teams. Eventually winning a 2 horse race in a pub league is not it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, regular_john said:

I am really not a fan of Gerrard but, even for me, this is a bit much after one game!

Depends if people just want to waste another season finishing 12th-14th. There's nothing wrong with aiming a bit higher? No one is demanding we challenge top 4 but given we're signing experienced international players and the wage bill is pretty much in O'Neill era I don't think it's unreasonable to think 8th-10th shouldn't be area of table we can seriously challenge.

Why are we massively inflating the wage bill if we're just happy to bob around bottom half? Could instead throw in likes of Archer and KHH instead.

Clubs make mistakes all the time appointing managers. Spurs is good example, were sliding down the league with Nuno and it took them all of three months to realise it and now under Conte they're going to have a very good season.

We don't quite have the pull of them but plenty of europa league standard managers would relish working with this squad imo and putting their own stamp on things.

• Like 2

Just now, Chindie said:

Whoever replaces him cannot be a punt on developing a good manager. We need proven skill at managing football teams. Eventually winning a 2 horse race in a pub league is not it.

Could be worse, we could hire a guy who finished 3rd in that race. Oh, wait...

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Would he come though?

Also no to Bielsa.

I don’t know but we should try, there’s a lot of appeal about our club. It’s a good opportunity for him if you ask me. No interest in Bielsa.

Imagine a proper manager with the kind of backing NSWE provide,  not a rookie who can’t even coach and needs to employ such a big “support team”.

Again, look at Spurs.

We’re going nowhere atm.

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Marcelo Bielsa is on the market, Just need to get him a stool to sit on and he will sign 

Plus with our performances he will surely have all our players but mcginn and Martinez to drill over the WC break. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Good grief. With fans like these…

We pay a lot of money to buy the shirt and attend games. We are a big club. We should have the right to question our underperforming manager. We deserve better on the pitch.  

Edited by messi11

Poch would be a very good appointment. He's not a slam dunk guaranteed success manager but he's a guy whose done it at the top table and generally been decent.

I'm no fan of Rodgers, but even he's better than the fraud in the dugout at the moment.

• Like 2