Match Thread: Fulham v Villa

limpid

The only aspect of this match that's been encouraging for me is that during my hiatus over the last few weeks, I actually wondered what happened to Willian. He was brilliant for Shaktar Donetsk and served Chelsea well. I've always been a fan of Brazil since Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho captured my heart and attention. 

And so VT, when the focus is on it being good to see Willian back in the PL, as the source of what's good about this match..

You know it's one miserable time for Villa.

Martinez and Mings keeping the score respectable at the moment. McGinn awful, seems to be hiding all the time. Bailey has lost any composure he may have had, technically useless. 

Good to hear to the boos for Gerrard from the away fans. He needs to go tonight. 

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

For clarity, we can’t control games nor create because we have a totally inadequate midfield. The personnel and set up is wrong and has been for nearly 18 months. Why has this not been addressed. Remember Dendonker and Nakamba? Remember Sanson? Why are we not using players we have at the club?

Coutihno, Buendia, Sanson, Nakamba, Dendonker, FFS

Gerrard made his bed with giving McGinn the captaincy and feeling like he has to justify it by starting him every game. It caused unnecessary drama and media scrutiny and even when he's been mostly poor the season, he gets the nod. 

• Like 2

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

DION DUBLIN is fuming, you can tell he is hurting....that is who we need up front right now, someone who can put the ball in the net and keep the ball!

Someone to crack one in between Gerrard’s eyes

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

These players are terrible. No wonder the rumour is that Poch is reluctant to come. Where's their commitment to the badge ? I don't care how poor you think the manager is, these players still have a responsibility to perform. Stop using the Manager for every excuse. 

City couldn't get past us?

• Like 2

Horribly inevitable.

I actually had a weird nervousness before the game, thinking we might by some miracle recapture some of the Chelsea forward endeavour, but we've been outplayed by a much better footballing side so far.

The goal actually came as a relief because we all know the game is more than likely settled now, so we can just disengage and accept it's another loss closer to his departure.

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

he a very good player, but in a team that sets up in a way that he gets absolutely no quality passes or chances created for him there is not much he can do. 

Utter rubbish I'm afraid. He could try actually trapping a ball instead of it running between his feet. He could try and hit the target, it is quite large!

Just now, jacketspuds said:

It’s ok, playing well for 60 mins against Chelsea, and losing, means more than getting rodgered by Fulham for 45 mins.

We seem to have three different modes under Gerrard.

1) play bottom 5 club, dominate possession but create nothing, draw

2) play big 6 club, counter attack and look okay but still lose

3) play midtable club, get battered, lose