Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s actually your hero’s fault that we’re 1-0 down today, but don’t let that stop you from having yet another pop at the manager! 😂

Shouldn’t you be getting the team ready for the 2nd half Stevie?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you haven't enjoyed us just be all over Chelsea and have about 5 fantastic chances to score, then I suggest you cease supporting Villa and do something else with your time. 

One decent half? Stop Ambassador, you’re spoiling us. 

17th only on GD, 9 points. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

I wish some credit could be given to Villa, for making Chelsea look poor.

So far it will have been a 

" Poor " Chelsea and Man City we've come up against.

I don't get why some are so scared to give any credit when it's due.

Doesn't mean you have to want SG babies.

You can still want him gone if you want whilst acknowledging something food. lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Mings has always been a poor header of the ball, never any direction on it and normally beaten in the air but what the actual F he was doing with a free header under no pressure just shows exactly how poor at heading he really is.

It was a horrible error but he has never been a poor header of the ball and he’s almost never beaten in the air.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

You sure? But we had a good half? The fact we’re losing aside 

One good half out of our average results the past 20-30 odd games does not change my opinion either. It took a while before it turned sour for me and I was patient, but it'll take more than 45min for me to backtrack on that now as well.

• Like 3

Perspective needs to come into play here. We have played reasonably well, kepa has made 2 great saves and we have created a few chances. But… this is against a top side and inevitably they come on to us more so we don’t need to break them down we just need to nick the ball every so often. Where we struggle and will continue to struggling us against sides that we need to break down and I don’t believe that will change with Gerrard. All very well playing well and being valiant losers against good sides but following it up with piss poor performances against a ten man Leeds or bottom of the league Forrest are what we need to judge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Gifting and I really mean gifting them the goal was inexcusable.

Mings has always been a poor header of the ball, never any direction on it and normally beaten in the air but what the actual F he was doing with a free header under no pressure just shows exactly how poor at heading he really is.

Apart from that there's several talking points, the yellow which I'm baffled wasn't a red, full set of studs going into Ramsey after the ball has gone ? 

Ings has been the ings we thought we had signed, holds it up, clever and if he had that extra yard of pace would be getting 15 to 20 every year.

Bailey has been a traore today, some lazy tracking and terrible freekick and then cutting past people and crossing accurately. 

Mccginn has wound his neck in and has been on the whole, playing simple balls and getting stuck in.

We lack some forward momentum at times and due to slowing it down it ends up all the way back to our keeper when 10 yards from their area, that's happened 3 or 4 times, no on willing to beat a man or burst forwards.

Over all we should be 2 nil up, however we all know how it will go, they score straight away in the 2nd half and we crumble.

That whole comment proves we need a new manager.

Gifted goal aside we were the better team that half but I don't expect Chelsea to be as shit in the 2nd. Credit to us for getting a hold of the game and taking to them but it will count for nothing unless we score one of those goal things I've heard about.

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

One decent half? Stop Ambassador, you’re spoiling us. 

17th only on GD, 9 points. 

I can only assume you've decided to not read the post I've responded to.

You do you.

• Like 1