A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

As much as I love scrambled egg, and I do, it has no place in a 'full [anything]' breakfast. Fried is the only option, and yes I include your poncy poached egg in that too. Don't get notions.

Exactly this. Scrambled egg on toast or with salmon and chives or whatever then yes. But not on a FE. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I only like my own scrambled egg- too many places serve that rubbery bouncy yellow sputum 

I get you, creamy slightly runny scrambled egg is amazing. But not with a full English. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, blandy said:

This is correct. Kippers, poached egg, grilled tomato, fresh, buttered bread. Pot of tea. Beats anyone’s sausage hands down, Kenny.

The gift that keeps on giving: Even these? 
image.thumb.jpeg.073d11616c5edbe099b12a98a89025ec.jpeg

• Haha 1

Had a hotel breakfast this morning: 

Bacon (2) quality 8/10 

Sausage (1) q 10/10 

Egg (1) q 9/10 

Tomato (half) underdone q 6/10 

Mushroom (half large) underdone q 5/10 

Black pudding (1) q 9/10 

Beans (ramekin) q 6/10 (tipped onto plate immediately) 

Toast (white bread, unlimited) q 5/10 

No fried bread 

Overall rating 7/10 

My mates rip the piss  out of me when we order a full English as I order it and then ask them to take off the , beans , tomato and mushrooms … why not order sausages , egg and chips instead is the usual comment ..

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Scrambled eggs but no mushrooms. 

For shame. For shame. 

I accept that fried eggs are the staple of a full English, I’ve just never liked them and I’ve really tried.

Mushrooms can still get to **** though 

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My mates rip the piss  out of me when we order a full English as I order it and then ask them to take off the , beans , tomato and mushrooms … why not order sausages , egg and chips instead is the usual comment ..

i loathe mushrooms and tomato. i hate it when places don't let you swap them. OK i get that a tomato for another sausage isn't a fair swap (gotta love wetherspoons for doing it though) but i should be able to get a hash brown or something as a replacement

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Nobody's mentioned the heat of the plate yet

plating up a full english is more stressful than a sunday roast. a single extra minute on a full english could **** your egg, overbrew your tea, or cool your toast to the point that you can't spread your butter

i aint got time to add heating my plate on top of all that

• Like 1

In my opinion, Beefeater can do you a decent breakfast, £9.50 all you can eat, and with two kids who can eat free (bonus for us), it’s pretty good. It’s especially good if you find a buffet style one, rather than one that’s plated up in the kitchen for you.  We recently has a lovely breakfast at a Premier Inn in Chipping Norton, very clean and very tasty.

For me, it’s 2 sausage (well done), 2 bacon (well done), 2 fried eggs (not snotty), beans (Branston, preferably), black pudding (well done), mushrooms (fried, well done), tinned tomatoes, hash brown (well done) & fried bread or buttered toast.

Orange juice and cup of tea.

A full english breakfast is not something I like often but it’s a nice treat when out for the day or on holiday. Hate cooking one at home, with timings and the use of numerous bowls/pans puts me right off.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Â