January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

22 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Thuram I don't rate him yeah couple of flashes here and there just think will be a bust in the Premier League.

You may be right. I wonder what makes you say that though -- and I don't necessarily disagree. He's no wilting lily, that's for sure. Monchengladbach plays in a tough neighbourhood -- and he's massive. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Pulisic on loan with an option to buy would be brilliant business IMO. Ziyech would be a class signing also. Although a new striker is desperately needed, I can’t imagine we’d be able to get anyone of significant quality during this window.

Pulisic injury history is absolutely grim, can’t rely on bringing him in

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You may be right. I wonder what makes you say that though -- and I don't necessarily disagree. He's no wilting lily, that's for sure. Monchengladbach plays in a tough neighbourhood -- and he's massive. 

I gotta be honest, and I know this is only a highlights package… but this really isn’t that great of one. He just looks okay in it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

4pts from Ings goals just under Emery. The lose Ings recall Archer is ridiculous hyping of youth talent based on nothing

It's always based on the very last thing the some people saw as far as I can tell. Every week it's someone else. Memories one game deep.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's always based on the very last thing the some people saw as far as I can tell. Every week it's someone else. Memories one game deep.

Seems to be regular for Ings though which I don’t get.  As somebody said yesterday there is a daily sell Ings post and it’s just how early it is posted.  It’s just bizarre given he scores for us and doing ok under Emery and with our other issues in the squad, it’s strange that is the misguided focus.

• Like 2

The only Chelsea player I'd be tempted to sign would be Ziyech. Kinda feel like with the right manager he could shine but it's clearly not working at Chelsea. 

Though, he could be a complete dud. The lad has talent that's for sure. 

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

I feel like Danjuma would be Bailey's role in this setup not the striker.

I'd hate a deal where we are obligated to buy him rather than an option.

One has to wonder though...... why would they want to loan him out.

I think competition for Bailey is exactly what UE is targeting this month. The striker signing will not happen until the Summer imo. Watkins, Ings, Bailey and New Winger/Wide Forward will get us through to the Summer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Well Chuk Havertz Sterling and mount are going nowhere.
Nkunku doesn't sign until the summer right?
Fofana I know zero about.
They want rid of Auba
They can't get rid of Lukaku as no one wants him
Broja is injured for a year.

If Mudryk is coming in they NEED to get rid of at least 2 of Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi.

image.jpeg.9978b807699af156aa7758a1405cd5d8.jpeg;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Seems to be regular for Ings though which I don’t get.  As somebody said yesterday there is a daily sell Ings post and it’s just how early it is posted.  It’s just bizarre given he scores for us and doing ok under Emery and with our other issues in the squad, it’s strange that is the misguided focus.

True, Emery does this magic thing where he sets up the team to suit either Watkins or Ings's strengths.  Not like Gerrard who would play the same way whoever was in the team.  He's said we want another forward with different characteristics, Thuram does look like the kind of player he may be talking about.  Not seen much of Danjuma but going back to Villareal players makes sense as he will know their ability, character and likely price and wages.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I swear you guys are just making these names up now. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one!

I’m so far out of touch with new footballers outside of Villa nowadays. I haven’t played FIFA or FM for ten years and I very rarely watch anything other than Villa. 

Sheraldo, Johninho, Davrosivic? Never heard of em! :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Sheraldo sounds like a Mexican daytime TV detective.

I'm  amazed you're even allowed to mention that name in public.  S is the product of a top secret government research programme to engineer a perfect striker,  a fearsome hybrid of a the guile and intelligence of Teddy Sheringham with the explosive power, technique, speed and finishing ability of a late 90s Ronaldo. The Boy from Brazil meets the Boy from the Mill(wall) if you will

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one!

I’m so far out of touch with new footballers outside of Villa nowadays. I haven’t played FIFA or FM for ten years and I very rarely watch anything other than Villa. 

Sheraldo, Johninho, Davrosivic? Never heard of em! :(

You will in the summer, when Chelsea sign them for 100m each. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

As per Archer thread he can't get better than token minutes off the bench at Boro. 

Fair enough, no idea what is going on there.

I just think if you can sell Ings without making a loss on his book value it frees up space, bit of cash and wages.

We are obviously going to buy a striker soon and if we want to try Archer out then now is the time with no risk of relegation.