Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

6 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

I think most importantly it gives us a good excuse to enlarge our squad without the need of shipping some useful players away; more game time for squad players with more fixtures.

We can certainly say to Cam, stick around until January and you'll be getting loads more minutes than what happened this season. Aaron Ramsey should come into the frame aswell given what he's shown at two top level clubs in the championship.

Those are two of our young players who should be involved more now because of European qualification, not sure the others are ready and need new loan spells.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So, I’ve only just noticed that we’ve only qualified for the play off round, not the group stage. So we have to win over 2 legs to get to the group stage. I tried to look at the format but I can’t work out whether we’d be seeded or not or the quality of the opposition we’d be up against.

edit-ignore me. Found the chat about it in the other thread.

Fack sake...🤣

Thought they ditched the play off rounds as English clubs don't need them to get in CL anymore. Please tell me Rapid Vienna haven't qualified for this competition....

West Ham played Viborg to get into the group stage, beat them 6-1 on aggregate. Fiorentina had FC Twente which was a far trickier game and they only got through 2-1 in the end.

Can someone explain why the Brighton fans hate us so much?

I've been reading through their match thread and there is nothing but total seething, rabid hatred for us as a club. 

Have I missed something?

I’m absolutely ecstatic- but can’t help but look at the table and think what if we’d just beaten Wolves. Or if Slippy G had fluked just one win.

ah well. Welsh Premier Division One runners up - we’re coming for you !

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I’m absolutely ecstatic- but can’t help but look at the table and think what if we’d just beaten Wolves. Or if Slippy G had fluked just one win.

ah well. Welsh Premier Division One runners up - we’re coming for you !

Another way to look at it, if Gerrard hadn’t got that draw against City, we wouldn’t have finished 7th 😂

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I've been reading through their match thread and there is nothing but total seething, rabid hatred for us as a club. 

Have I missed something?

It’s because they have played us about 85 times over the past 10 years and won once…

Edited by Tayls
Can’t spell
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

well done for quoting me when talking about the Europa League....

I'm currently balling in Belgrade, so don't have the time to find the post they would evidence this is bollocks.

However, we missed out on the Europa League by one point, so, delusional? Maybe a touch pessimistic.  

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Have I missed something?

Its what I've noticed leading upto the game, people on here seem to think its because of hour record against them, think they've beaten us once since being back in top flight, one poster on there match thread put that it doesn't matter today game as the teams are miles apart in Brightons favour football wise, interesting that they finished 1 place above us but we beat them twice this season 🤦‍♂️ yes pal miles apart 🤣

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Its what I've noticed leading upto the game, people on here seem to think its because of hour record against them, think they've beaten us once since being back in top flight, one poster on there match thread put that it doesn't matter today game as the teams are miles apart in Brightons favour football wise, interesting that they finished 1 place above us but we beat them twice this season 🤦‍♂️ yes pal miles apart 🤣

They WILL do what happened to Southampton eventually. I don't mean get relegated, I mean sell your best players and eventually replacing won't go as well.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

They WILL do what happened to Southampton eventually. I don't mean get relegated, I mean sell your best players and eventually replacing won't go as well.

This.  All it takes is one bad summer for them and they recruit a bad crop of players, lose De Zerbi, and they're back to struggling near the bottom again.  

We took five more points than Brighton since Emery's appointment and also played a game less than them in that time.

The day before Emery's first game they were nine points ahead of us.

Spurs were fourteen points ahead of us going into Emery's first game, actually Spurs were fourteen points ahead of us as recently as early March.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Have I missed something?

• We always beat Brighton...  We're their bogey team
  • We're turning into the most unlikable team in the Prem because we've become very good practitioners of the football "Dark Arts"
  • Everyone hates Martinez for personifying our newfound love of s***housery and timewasting
  • I've heard McGinn compared to cloggish thugs like Chris Brunt and Mark Noble by several others after some of our wins where he's been a gladiator - He's quickly becoming our most hated player by the opposition
  • Lastly, they hate our fans because we're arrogant smug ****s, apparently...