Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Just now, The_Steve said:

Far from over. It just falls on us to beat Spurs and Brighton. 

This is what we needed. To be able to influence our league position directly.  If we can beat Wolves its all to play for  with us influencing what happens instead of looking on from the sidelines.  

Our amazing run has given us the chance. 

We still have to remain hopeful for a spot in Europe. We’ve done well to get this far already, the jobs not done yet. This is the first bad weekend since our run started with other results not really going our way, but we can’t have it our way all the time. We can absolutely beat Wolves next week and we should have some reinforcements coming back.

Believe in the dream for those that are saying it’s over already and if we don’t make it this season, then so be it. This season has already been a good one.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Believe in the dream for those that are saying it’s over already and if we don’t make it this season, then so be it. This season has already been a good one.

Exactly. I'll be proud of them if we finish 8th! Considering how we started the season, we've done remarkably well. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

But you can have an unrealistic goal, but be hopeful of achieving it. 

If there was another 10 games and ee had a bigger squad it was more realistic but there was no chance it was happening this year.

I dont blame people for getting excited but it was unrealistic. We are miles away from CL at the mo. We will get there though hopefully

We’re gonna have to rely on the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Newcastle pretty much all beating Brighton. But I think they will, maybe Brighton will pick up a draw from those. 

They’ll beat Everton and Southampton. So 7 points before they play us. Sod it, give them another point, make it a nice round 60 points. 

Means we have to pick up realistically 4 points from Wolves, Spurs and Liverpool to be within a win against them Villa Park. So get to 58 points, and then a win over Brighton to leap frog them. 

I don’t think any of that is unrealistic.

Maybe Brighton will win games I’m not expecting them to, I’d be slightly surprised as before yesterday they picked up something like 16 points from their previous 10. Not bad, but not form that makes me think Arsenal and Man City won’t beat them. In that time Brighton have lost to Forest, indifferent Fulham, out of sorts Spurs, drawn with Leeds, Palace. It’s not like they’ve been on steam roller form. Yesterday might signal a change but I’m far from convinced.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

So you think we shouldn't bother trying?

We can still try but I don't see us winning every game and Liverpool, Brighton with games in hand.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is a big difference between hope and unrealistic goals

"Hahahaahaha"

There is, but I don't know why you'd come in minutes after the game and post something like that, it read like you're almost happy we lost just so you can gloat that some people were wrong. Was a weird post that doesn't look great, honestly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichW said:

Todays result hasn’t changed much, I wrote off this game and Anfield beforehand any points today would have been a bonus. Spurs is the big game but can’t afford a loss at Wolves next week. 

I think it has changed things a fair bit, we can still do it but it’s much harder now