Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t actually think we will catch either but I’d say it’ll be easier to catch Spurs than Brighton given respective form and games played.

I don't think we will finish above either but if we did it wouldn't be Spurs.

European qualification or not, finishing top 8 would be an incredible achievement this season, especially given the legacy left by our most recent manager.

Conversely, if we somehow return to average form, perhaps by losing some of the key games against our top half rivals, I hope fans won't be critical of the manager or team for falling away from our current height.

I hope I'm not the only Villa fan who thinks that finishing anywhere in the top half of the Premier League will be a great achievement - this season.

Having written that, I will allow myself a sigh of disappointment if we finish 11th!

Edited by brommy
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't think we will finish above either but if we did it wouldn't be Spurs.

I guess we are going around in circles here but to put it another way: Spurs look totally shot from top to bottom and I think Brighton will finish above them comfortably. 

We have some really really hard games left. It's very possible we go on a bad run and don't win for a few games. It is great to be talking about Europe rather than relegation but, we have alot of work to do with far worse fixtures than the competition. Thanks to the awful start to the season mastermind by that idiot.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We have some really really hard games left. It's very possible we go on a bad run and don't win for a few games. It is great to be talking about Europe rather than relegation but, we have alot of work to do with far worse fixtures than the competition. Thanks to the awful start to the season mastermind by that idiot.

Only really really hard games this season are Man City and Arsenal. The rest not so much. Everyone is beatable. 
By the Time we play Manchester United they will be on the PL Beach. Fulham and Brentford look like they're starting their summer holidays on the beach. 
Newcastle yes very tough game
Brighton might be on the beach on the last game of the season
Spurs are beatable 
Forrest Beatable

Its in our own hands.

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Like 2

im sure i saw a graphic/graph/table somewhere that implied that we have the second hardest last 10 game run in of all teams in the PL.

It said only Brentford had a harder run in.

edit: here it is:

image.png.292d5cf7029ad310c01274d05bb91a01.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This is the most sensible I've ever heard Rory Jennings.

One thing that I kind of like in a weird way is that people forget about Boubacar Kamara as one of our best players. Just quietly went under the radar despite being our best player. Bodes well for the future (hoping that scouts aren't much better than the average fans :P )

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im sure i saw a graphic/graph/table somewhere that implied that we have the second hardest last 10 game run in of all teams in the PL.

They can all go **** off. Can't see this bunch fearing anyone.

56 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

That's because they are overrating Manure Spurs and Pool as hard fixtures ignoring they're various levels of shite atm

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Frank Lampard's Chelsea have a genuinely tough run. Could see them picking up very little until the last couple of games.

Which would be objectively hilarious.

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

On the positive side, if we do well in the games then it will pretty much guarantee Europe as 7 of them are against teams around us. 

5 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Only really really hard games this season are Man City and Arsenal. The rest not so much. Everyone is beatable. 
By the Time we play Manchester United they will be on the PL Beach. Fulham and Brentford look like they're starting their summer holidays on the beach. 
Newcastle yes very tough game
Brighton might be on the beach on the last game of the season
Spurs are beatable 
Forrest Beatable

Its in our own hands.

Its not in our own hands though. We need other teams to drop points i can't see it as the run isnt as easy and i dont think we have the squad depth

Newcastle at home ia going to be tough

Brentford away another tough game

Spurs home we never win

Utd away another toughie

So there is four examples of potential places we can drop points. 

If we win against forest that sets up a good platform for us going into these games

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its not in our own hands though. We need other teams to drop points i can't see it as the run isnt as easy and i dont think we have the squad depth

Newcastle at home ia going to be tough

Brentford away another tough game

Spurs home we never win

Utd away another toughie

So there is four examples of potential places we can drop points. 

If we win against forest that sets up a good platform for us going into these games

Even if we don’t get Europe it will still be a huge achievement wherever we finish given the start to the season we made. 

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Even if we don’t get Europe it will still be a huge achievement wherever we finish given the start to the season we made. 

100% agree mate. If we miss out on europe ill be still be thrilled with a top 10 finish

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

On the positive side, if we do well in the games then it will pretty much guarantee Europe as 7 of them are against teams around us. 

Forest and Wolves and then the teams between 3rd and 10th

Just put a big grin on my face when I read that this morning.

Whatever happens happens. But it's all in our own hands. It's all a bonus after such a poor start.

Like you say. Positive.

Huge weekend coming.

Need to win at home to Forest.

Hope Brentford lose or draw to Newcastle and Spurs beat Brighton. Arsenal doing Liverpool would also be welcome. 

If Brentford lose and we win that's a 4 point gap to them. 

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

I wouldn’t call this run of games huge at all. It’s a free hit at Europe, and I’m confident we’ll be back again next year. Not the end of the world if we finish e.g. 9th.

It’s such a lovely place to be.

Agree totally.  We currently have momentum and confidence, which are two great ingredients for a good final run in. However, anything above 11th now is still a wonderful achievement considering where we were October time.

Can’t help but be excited though with where we are now and where this might end?