Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

32 points from 16 games under Emery, based on that we are on course for 18 points from remaining 9 games.  

Which means we could end up on 62 points, last season that would have been enough for 6th place.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

32 points from 16 games under Emery, based on that we are on course for 18 points from remaining 9 games.  

Which means we could end up on 62 points, last season that would have been enough for 6th place.

And yet it's weird we didn't get more out of the games we lost bar Man City and Wham penalty was still a shocking call. I actually felt totally calm after Stevenage defeat thinking I'll take that on the chin if Emery learns about the team and progresses in the league and here we are

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

And yet it's weird we didn't get more out of the games we lost bar Man City and Wham penalty was still a shocking call. I actually felt totally calm after Stevenage defeat thinking I'll take that on the chin if Emery learns about the team and progresses in the league and here we are

Imagine telling yourself after the Newcastle defeat before Emery came in, that our manager for the rest of the season could possibly break the 60-point barrier. Madness.

• Like 1

Good chunk of cash for finishing each place up table.  Think it’s around 2.5m.  Also Europa league has plenty of money, compared to FA cup.  League cup is just a joke financially. 

We 💯 should be wanting to get into Europe, even just for money.

good beakdown here 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-prize-money-how-27602760?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Is Emery gonna have Keegan interview between now and the end of the season “ ya can tell him we’re still fighting for this and he’s gotta go to Middlesbrough and get something and I’ll tell ya, i would love it if we beat them, love it “ 😂

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Is Emery gonna have Keegan interview between now and the end of the season “ ya can tell him we’re still fighting for this and he’s gotta go to Middlesbrough and get something and I’ll tell ya, i would love it if we beat them, love it “ 😂

Only after he thanks the travelling fans

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

I suppose those saying that we shouldn't be all out gunning for Europe would have been happy if we didn't win the playoff final a few years ago. I mean, we definitely weren't ready for promotion and it's turned out to be such a disaster.

No. I don't think anyone would say that.

As much as I'd enjoy the European fun, 8th would be better than 7th I think.

Europa is a good level, Conference league is just in the way. I think we can get Europa.

The closer we get the more the Liverscum and Leicester defeats annoy me. Bastards.

Btw Don Unai is the type of manager who can get us to have 15+ games undefeated. Whatever happens I’m gonna enjoy the rest of the season as long as we get CL. 😂

in terms of winning runs with a new manager in charge, nothing annoys me much more than thinking back to Gregory's winning 9 out of 11 games and the only losses were to **** bolton and I think bradford?

So annoying :D 

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

in terms of winning runs with a new manager in charge, nothing annoys me much more than thinking back to Gregory's winning 9 out of 11 games and the only losses were to **** bolton and I think bradford?

So annoying :D 

Barnsley, I was at that game. I chose it as I foolishly believed due to their league position it was as close to a guaranteed three points as we could have. 

Having said that, I have no idea why I didn’t go for the Palace game three days later. Maybe Barnsley were lower at the time.

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

How many times would you all say is too many a day for looking at the Premier League table?

If it’s roughly the number of times I’ve watched Bertie’s goal, then it’s certainly not too many. In fact add another 20 on and it still won’t be enough. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Europa is a good level, Conference league is just in the way. I think we can get Europa.

Europa can be in the way too. There's a lot of games and disatnt ties possible in that tournament too. You just don't value the Conference League and I do get that. It's a new tournament with some pretty unsexy sides in it but it's an opportunity to put European nights back on the calendar and raise the clubs profile a bit.

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Europa can be in the way too. There's a lot of games and disatnt ties possible in that tournament too. You just don't value the Conference League and I do get that. It's a new tournament with some pretty unsexy sides in it but it's an opportunity to put European nights back on the calendar and raise the clubs profile a bit.

With that logic, CL can be in the way. An extra 6 games in the autumn against Sheriff, PSV and Borussia. We would likely get knocked out at some point, and then we land at Europa League level. 

European football, in whatever shape, is not a punishment but a reward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I’m pretty confident Emery doesn’t think like this.