Weekends Football 2/4 September

andykeenan

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ronaldo looks finished at this level now. I thought he was still good enough last year, but this year season seems one too many. 
He should have gone to China, Saudi, USA etc

He will end up at LAFC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

To be blunt I think blaming his off the field activities for his drop in form is rooted in people not liking young successful black men being so politicly vocal 

His drop in form came from not being fit but putting off summer operations because he was with england, man utd flogging him half to death with 50 game seasons for years on end and him being a bit overrated in the first place

Your first paragraph is a load of Bo****s.

Your second is just opinion, which could be true, as could mine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your first paragraph is a load of Bo****s.

Your second is just opinion, which could be true, as could mine.

Its not though is it, its akin to telling him to shut up because you don't like what he has to say, "he should concentrate on football" is a load of bollocks and we hear it every time certain players say anything political, mings being another 

The missing of ops and playing a lot of games is a fact and well documented, he postponed shoulder surgery during the 20/21 season in order to make the England squad that summer, utd played him for half a season with a fractured shoulder 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not though is it, its akin to telling him to shut up because you don't like what he has to say, "he should concentrate on football" is a load of bollocks and we hear it every time certain players say anything political, mings being another 

The missing of ops and playing a lot of games is a fact and well documented, he postponed shoulder surgery during the 20/21 season in order to make the England squad that summer, utd played him for half a season with a fractured shoulder 

So  your saying I petsonally don't like young successful black men being vocal, cause that's is a load of b****s. He could be white, brown, yellow, pink, black, I don't care. I see iit as your being paid a handsome salary to play football, can that be your main focus please.

To to be fair, I also felt the same when Radacanu started a few marketing contracts and red carpet events at such a young age, an we can see how her game as gone. But again it was opinion, not sure what's happened to her game either.

• Like 1

I didn't say that

I think it's rooted in racism yeah by the likes of the mail and the media at large, social media as a platform perpetuates it, especially in the case of the likes of rashford because he uses that platform and is met with 5k replies of "stick to football", then as talked about in the punditry thread our media don't even try and do an in depth analysis of football anymore, there is no technical, tactical or even statistical breakdown of what's gone wrong for him and definitley not an open criticism in the mainstream media of man utd or the England set up and how they mistreat him* instead off the field activities is an easy lazy answer for someone like Danny Murphy and talksport... 

and then before long its sown in to popular opinion

* see also Greenwood, has anyone even hinted at man utds role in what he did? Even in the clubs general decline still no one will go after them, man utds role in rashfords decline should 100% be being asked

I feel confident in saying that when Marcus Rashford is an old man, contemplating his life, the summer he ensured that poor children didn't go hungry will mean more to him than any footballing trophies. Good on the man.

• Like 3

Rashford has been playing injured for a long time and looked burnt out until recently.

United or not I'm delighted he is bagging goals he looked like he was done with football last year.

For all his faults. His lack of hold up play , he is a better option than Ronaldo.  No surprise United look half decent when they drop a forward and centre back that can't move.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Chelsea are terrible without the ball, no workrate or hunger to win the ball back. A huge contrast to the first few months of Tuchel's reign there. His days may be numbered there if this form continues.

When players realise he's not a very nice person they probably don't want to work for him any more.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How have Chelsea gotten so bad ( comparatively ) so quickly?

Bet they regret selling big Ross now.

Tuchel innit. Has a definite shelf life before he **** everyone off.

Â