Weekends Football 2/4 September

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a different scene here mate. It's like managing your corner shop then going in to be CEO of Walmart. No pressure at Brighton, so no mistakes.

Though I do massively disagree with that comparison, Brighton are more like Aldi, everyone accuses them of being crap but the reality is, they go on to become the top rated supermarket. 

Brighton aren’t in the premier league to make up numbers and the sooner us other fans wake up to that and realise this the better we will feel when they go on to start winning cups and getting into Europe. 

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still want Poch over Potter at this point in time. But I think under Potter, we would be so good to watch. 

It's cushy at Brighton. It won't be here, I doubt he would move, he is more likely to take the England job.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's cushy at Brighton. It won't be here, I doubt he would move, he is more likely to take the England job.

Brighton have taken their time to get playing like they are. Excellent recruiting and smart sales have definitely helped.

I fear that at a bigger club where expectations are higher, Potter wouldn't have been given the time it's taken to instill his footballing philosophy. Let's not forget that his team were getting booed last season, and he reacted and called the fans out.

I think he'd be great at Villa, but I fear we'd soon be on his back if he didn't deliver results quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Didn't we get a decision given against us vs Man U away when Ramsey went for the ball (or impacted someone else challenging for the ball)  in an offside position and didn't actually touch it. Similar-ish.

Similar-ish - except that was given as a foul by Ramsey, not an offside.

Â