Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/22 at 22:59

Against the best team in Europe they showed some fight and bottle. SG certainly hasn't lost the dressing room, we was lucky, but i'll take it.

Young MOM, Ramsey and Kamara are going to be very good players, Bailey is our match winner. Martinez and Digne played well, Konsa and Mings better, Luiz on the ball is fine, not sure off the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

True. I think the only criticism is bringing Phil on instead of Buendia. 

Would have been justified had it not been for corruption.

• Like 4

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why are you being a child? If he doesn’t then show me in the rules where it says the ref has discretion over whether or not to blow the whistle when the flag goes up.

See my last post. The referee can over rule an assistant as he sees fit. It'd have been appropriate for him to wait for the move to continue in this instance. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Credit where it's due to Gerrard, got everything right today.

McGinn has to be dropped in the next game.

Just gutted that we were robbed of a winner by completely corrupt officials.

Did not make the game as travelling back from holiday, what happened with the disallowed goal No mention of it on the radio

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some of the decisions today need investigating. 

It’ll never change… the top teams will alway get favoured and protected… we’ve seen it more than enough times and been victims of this crap for far too long…

1 minute ago, Dale said:

See my last post. The referee can over rule an assistant as he sees fit. It'd have been appropriate for him to wait for the move to continue in this instance. 

spacer.png

See how easy that was @Thug? Lol

Do you think he blew it because the play was going laterally? Or was he just being incompetent?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Why are you being a child? If he doesn’t then show me in the rules where it says the ref has discretion over whether or not to blow the whistle when the flag goes up.

I’m being the child?!

mate google the rules.

And in future I suggest you check facts before calling someone a child.

I await your apology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s not there. It’s when Watkins passes back to Ramsey. Line ref assumed he touched it and waived Coutinho off.

Correct. Linesman raises flag believing Ramsey touched the ball while Coutinho was offsides. My problem is if you're not 100% certain, KEEP THE FLAG F-ING DOWN... and let VAR sort it out. Although, have to say..can't be certain Coutinho would've scored as the City players stopped playing once they heard the whistle. 

• Like 2

Â