Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Surely should have been VAR checked still though.

Can't because the way the rules have been written.

by a huge word removed.

• Like 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

It was offside as JJ touched the ball and knocked it on, at that point Coutinho was offside. Had JJ not had touched it at the point of play, ie when Watkins played it, Coutinho was onside

That may be, but they still should have allowed that to go to VAR per the rules. Lino couldn't have been 100% certain and ahould have waited till the passage of play was over.

Can't wait to raise a flag when the team that aren't supposed to win are on the attack.

• Thanks 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I think it was Ramsey, Watkins played it across and. Villa player made a run through the middle and looked to have touched it on to Coutinho. Think it was JJ. When they touched it Coutinho was offside, it had been left he waa definitely onside from Watkins original pass 

This...  Everyone needs to stop saying it was on-side and the goal should have counted...  It was the correct call because of this reason.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I think it was Ramsey, Watkins played it across and. Villa player made a run through the middle and looked to have touched it on to Coutinho. Think it was JJ. When they touched it Coutinho was offside, it had been left he waa definitely onside from Watkins original pass 

This moment?

Just now, MrBlack said:

That may be, but they still should have allowed that to go to VAR per the rules. Lino couldn't have been 100% certain and ahould have waited till the passage of play was over.

Can't wait to raise a flag when the team that aren't supposed to win are on the attack.

Oh totally agree

Just now, KMitch said:

This...  Everyone needs to stop saying it was on-side and the goal should have counted...  It was the correct call because of this reason.

Okay so based on this how can I blame Gerrard 

• Haha 1