Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You are right. The over rating we do of our supposedly best players means that this guy is league 2 standard.  The interviewer didnt mention the manager once in the interview. Normally its a puke frenzy of them asking what its like to be signing for a world legend. 

Says alot that this is not a manager signing but a club signing .

Think it might also smart int he sense that I assume he lives in a decent vicinity from the ground, is familiar with the area and won't really need much of a " settling " or acclimatisation period.

Probably ready to get going sharpish.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, allani said:

Disappointing.  To have any chance of a top half finish I think we probably needed to get close to our transfer record.  Unfortunately we failed to do that quickly enough and have consequently had a disastrous start to the season - which in turn has destroyed any chance of us persuading the type of player we needed to sign for us.

Hopefully he will give us some more solidity in midfield and at least help us finish closer to 12th than 18th.

Stuff of dreams, mate. 😀

• Like 1

Think he's a fine player and does add something to the squad, but as others have said I'm quite cold on it as he doesn't address the biggest needs we have in midfield.

Could be an even better signing were we to change the shape of the team but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m prepared to give him a chance*. Not being a Wolves season ticket holder like some of you, I can’t say I know too much about him. 

*15 mins into his debut lololol

He’s a decent enough player. Mostly people are just exhausted by how shit we play football 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Think he's a fine player and does add something to the squad, but as others have said I'm quite cold on it as he doesn't address the biggest needs we have in midfield.

Could be an even better signing were we to change the shape of the team but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Is it possible it allows D Luiz to play as an 8 with DenDoncker & Kamara sitting or in a double pivot?

He's played over thirty times for Belgium national team who are rated one of the best national teams in the world, so presumably they have plenty of options in his position, and he's also been a regular for Wolves team that have been finishing in the position that we're trying to get to. It shouldn't really come as a surprise if he does well for us.

• Haha 1

Â