Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Apparently he came specifically to work under Steven Gerrard for 3 more games. 

He's going to be mightily disappointed in the second and third games then. 

• Haha 3

Again, I think he brings something that we lack to the squad. He’s big, strong and tough to play against. I don’t mind the signing at all. 

I do mind that we’re potentially losing both Luiz and Sanson, leaving our already weak and unbalanced midfield options worse overall. 

• Like 1

We have to wait for the window to SLAM SHUT before knowing it's a good signing. Under normal circumstances (good overall window, stable managerial situation), I'd have been quietly happy with this. Versatile player. Better DM than Nakamba imo in case Kamara gets injured. Could probably partner him too. Cover for CB as well. 

He's here now, he'll have my support.

I find  often the overhyped signings tend to be more dissappointing than the ones slated before they've even kicked a ball.

Signings like this allow you to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm almost certain he's nowhere near as shit as some people want to make out.

PIVOT!

• Like 4

Wolves mate of mine reckons he’s good in a three man midfield in the defensive position but not so much in a two or if he’s asked to get forward. 

If that’s the case, he might be ok alongside Kamara in a two? Perhaps with Luiz or Ramsey in there too? (I know, I know) 

• Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's here now, he'll have my support.

I find  often the overhyped signings tend to be more dissappointing than the ones slated before they've even kicked a ball.

Signings like this allow you to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm almost certain he's nowhere near as shit as some people want to make out.

PIVOT!

You are right. The over rating we do of our supposedly best players means that this guy is league 2 standard.  The interviewer didnt mention the manager once in the interview. Normally its a puke frenzy of them asking what its like to be signing for a world legend. 

Says alot that this is not a manager signing but a club signing .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wolves mate of mine reckons he’s good in a three man midfield in the defensive position but not so much in a two or if he’s asked to get forward. 

If that’s the case, he might be ok alongside Kamara in a two? Perhaps with Luiz or Ramsey in there too? (I know, I know) 

Play all the midfielders!   Throw in Sanson as well 😀

Â