Pre Match Thread

villa89

City have a CL game against Seville on Tuesday so once the game is won Pep will likely sub some of his key players. Haaland, de Bruine and so on might only get 45 mins if we are lucky.

If he doesnt use a double pivot against a rampant shitteh then he really has no idea. We need pace to have any chance of getting in behind them so Bailey needs to stay in. Id drop Digne and Konsa straight away too they’ve been attrocious all season. Rip it up and try something new

Martinez

Cash - Chambers - Mings - Ludwig

Kamara - Dougie

Bailey - Buendia - Watkins

Archer

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If he doesnt use a double pivot against a rampant shitteh then he really has no idea. We need pace to have any chance of getting in behind them so Bailey needs to stay in. Id drop Digne and Konsa straight away too they’ve been attrocious all season. Rip it up and try something new

Martinez

Cash - Chambers - Mings - Ludwig

Kamara - Dougie

Bailey - Buendia - Watkins

Archer

Good looking team that.

We know Watkins would work hard but would Bailey, he's a bit light in tracking back and tackling.

It might work though.

Kamara and Luiz have to start in the middle.

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good looking team that.

We know Watkins would work hard but would Bailey, he's a bit light in tracking back and tackling.

It might work though.

Kamara and Luiz have to start in the middle.

City play with a high line, with Bailey's pace we should be able to hit them on the counter.  This should suit Bailey perfectly, rather than facing a low block.  But id depends if we are set up to counter effectively or not.

This is the worst game of the season. We are going into it in the worst form possible and they are absolutely flying. Newcastle showed a few weeks ago that they aren’t untouchable. Our issue is we don’t have a the pace to cause them any real issues on the break. 

I think I’d start with this:

Emi

Cash Bedbarek Mings Digne

Luiz Kamara Dendonker

Buendia Watkins Bailey

But I think no matter who we start with we are in big trouble. 

Emi

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

Kamara Dendonker

Bailey Luiz McGinn

Watkins

Biggest Buendia fan so strange not to put him on my 11. Just don’t think we will have much of the ball at all and he has been poor the last couple of games he has featured (like the rest!)

This sounds crazy, but I’m considering making a last minute trip up from London to watch this game. I’ve seen there’s still a fair few tickets available and my missus wants to watch a game with me. Thing is even she said I don’t know if we should travel so far to watch us maybe get battered 😭.