Pre Match Thread

villa89

He'll probably drop Ramsey for Luiz so we can have a bit of: See, Luiz played and we still didn't win. Was the right thing not to play him all along. See. :D

Maybe even give some more of his not favored players like Buendia a start. Throwing them to the wolves so he can throw them under the bus later.

Edited by sne

For the 2 Villa supporters I met early yesterday morning at Arlanda Airport in Stockholm travelling to the match.  I hope the team puts on a performance to make your journey worthwhile.

One of the guys mentioned his first game was an exciting goalless draw at Tottenham. A repeat of that today may be more than acceptable!😀

I also hope the crowd gets behind the team and stays with them for the full 90 odd minutes.

UTV

8 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

We are heading to Tayto Park to celebrate my son kicking cancers ass!! So will miss this one but I hope it's not a cricket score.

This is the reality check I needed, far more important things in life than football. Amazing news about your Son, hope you all have a great day a Tayto Park. UTV 

• Like 4

Getting myself ready for the drive to Villa Park today. Things I need to remember when we are losing 10-0: we are not going to win so please just enjoy the fact we get to play the likes of Man City and not Macclesfield. It’s going to be fun seeing how massive Haaland is. I might get to see someone throw a cabbage at Gerrard. Jack will probably have a bad game and it’ll be funny. I’ll buy something fun from the club shop. I’ll have a tasty burger before the game. The fun of a day out is what I make it and not what the Villa boys do 😂

• Like 2

I have Haaland as my triple captain in my FF team - he's going to destroy us!

For what it's worth I'd like to see

Martinez

Cash.Chambers.Mings.Digne

Luiz.Dendonker.Kamara

Bailey.Watkins.Buendia

No doubt, Konsa, McGinn and Ramsey will all start and Mings inexplicably dropped.. 

• Like 1

——————-—Watkins———————
Coutinho——————————-Bailey
——Dendoncker—Kamara—Luiz——
Digne——Mings—Chambers—Cash
———————Martinez———————-

Go back to basics. Sit back, defend and try to counter and nick a goal on the break. 

If he plays the fullbacks high and plays McGinn and/or Ramsey, we’ll get ripped apart (we’ll lose regardless).

• Like 2

On 01/09/2022 at 08:40, ferguson1 said:

Again, the team below won’t be anywhere near the team we see but it’s what I would go with in order to keep the score down:

Martinez

Konsa    Chambers    Mings            

Cash                                                                 Digne

Kamara                     Luiz

Buendia

Bailey                     Watkins                

Subs:  Olsen, Augustinsson, Young, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, McGinn, Coutinho, Archer, Ings

Iroegbunam moved to QPR on loan for the season

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

How do coaches plan to stop Haaland? Considering that he scores mainly from finding the gap between defenders, how about 3 centre backs with one man-marking him? Asking for a friend, because Chambers/ Bednareck & Konsa & Mings would eff that up completely.

Roy Keane may have a suggestion

• Shocked 1