Pre Match Thread

villa89

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Brilliant, my first game was 65 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. It won't be his last match and he'll cost you a fortune before he's old enough to buy his own tickets, but the rewards will be incredible.

It's worth it though because my four sons and I built an incredible bond during countless trips to Villa Park .... Our spiritual home.

That's great - I'm sure you've given them countless brilliant memories - you must be a great father :thumb:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Brilliant, my first game was 65 years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday. It won't be his last match and he'll cost you a fortune before he's old enough to buy his own tickets, but the rewards will be incredible.

It's worth it though because my four sons and I built an incredible bond during countless trips to Villa Park .... Our spiritual home.

Needed this!

Reminded me why I am a Villa fan at heart and from a Villa family of generations.  

Thank you.  

Sometimes I get lost and dragged down in the weeds of it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yep I feel the same. My family think I should give it a miss for one game, they think I’ve got wound up too much this week from the defeat, expecting the SG sacking and not coming, poor transfer deadline window signings and now the inevitable resounding defeat tomorrow.  I don’t miss games even in the worse conditions but my family said it won’t hurt this one game and it’s on tv anyway.  It has surprised me that I’m genuinely thinking about it…something to sleep on.

It’s poor form from me really as I complained about the atmosphere last week and am now thinking about not going. Usually I’m the same as you in that defeats bother me more than they should, this season however apart from Bournemouth which annoyed me I had already accepted defeat in the games we’ve lost. I’m not even sure getting rid of SG will change much as I’m not sure I trust Purslow in getting his replace right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I guess it's easier for me to be happy about being a Villa supporter because I'm probably a lot closer to joining the "Holte enders in the Sky'" than I am to getting to the front of the Villa season ticket waiting list if I can get my legs working properly again! 😀

Over many, many years I've learn't to enjoy Villa for what they are and where they're at. If I had repeatedly demanded success I'd be a basket case by now. Think of all the supporters of teams that will never have a chance of winning anything, and then think of our club that at least allows us to dream. UTV

I feel a lot of empathy with your view.Although I maybe a few years younger I have seen our great days and accept times like now to be endured with good grace.

We have a lot to be grateful for.We follow a fantastic club.We have one of the great stadiums and we have generous owners.

But the one thing I know about Villa is success will come unexpectedly and be fleeting and must be enjoyed to the full at the time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

How did he keep a straight face saying that! If we play like we have been it’ll be the easiest three points for them so far.

Pep always says good things about the opposition. And he probably half-believes it. He does well because he takes even the easiest opponent seriously.

11.30pm kick off here. 

Ordinarily there would be no doubt about staying up to watch it. 

There is now no doubt I will be going to bed and hoping I wake up in the morning to a respectable scoreline.

I have lost all motivation to watch Villa and I fear this could get really ugly, really fast.  

6 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

We are heading to Tayto Park to celebrate my son kicking cancers ass!! So will miss this one but I hope it's not a cricket score.

Fantastic. Puts it all in perspective. Congratulations and have a great day!