Pre Match Thread

villa89

Again, the team below won’t be anywhere near the team we see but it’s what I would go with in order to keep the score down:

Martinez

Konsa    Chambers    Mings            

Cash                                                                 Digne

Kamara                     Luiz

Buendia

Bailey                     Watkins                

Subs:  Olsen, Augustinsson, Young, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, McGinn, Coutinho, Archer, Ings

• Like 1

I hate these sorts of games where I would snap your hand off for a 0-3 loss. 

Haaland is going to run riot I just cant see any other result than a humiliating defeat that will be the end of Gerrard. 

Martinez

Cash  Chambers  Mings  Digne

Buendia   Luiz  Kamara   Dendoncker  Ramsey  Bailey

4-6-0 - Try keep it down to single figures 🙄

Let's face it, whatever team we put out will struggle to beat these, but I probably would genuinely play the above but as a 4-2-3-1 with Buendia, Luiz and Ramsey as the 3 behind Bailey, tight compact 4-5-1 out of possession (which will be A LOT!😅).

We're gonna need a lot of energy, be MUCH better on the ball, and need MASSIVE amounts of luck to have a sniff of a chance - I predict 0-4, the longer we can keep it at 0-0 will be key to what kind of hiding we suffer. Depressing.

6 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Most goals scored by a player in a single premier league match is Alan Shearer with 5 goals in a game against Sheffield Wednesday in 1999.

Just thought I'd put that out there because I can see that record being broken on the weekend.

Andy Cole and Jermaine Defoe have also scored 5 in a Prem game.

Suppose the only saving grace is that Jack is still out otherwise that would really drive the knife home.

Expect nothing, want nothing.

Though if the narrow formation is rolled out against City - I really do question what is going on in Gerrard's head at that point. How much pride and stubborness can one man have to keep doing the same thing that's failing over and over again? Then again - if you never practice another way, what's the point anyway.