Pre Match Thread

villa89

ridiculous going into yet another game with a failed manager. Wtf???

Even if there is some clause about Gerrard getting less compo after X games or X losses none of that compares with the cost of getting relegated. Every game with Gerrard in charge is points lost.

I dont know what they are smoking in the boardroom but they need to come off it for a day and fix the damn football club.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

15 minutes ago, tommytenjobs said:

First time in five years of being a season ticket holder where I am also considering  not making the trip. The three hour drive there and back is one thing….but the sight of us holding on, scurrying left and right in two blocks of 5 and 4 just to keep the score respectable……is not one I can summon much enthusiasm for if I’m honest. 
At least under the old regime, I had faith and respect for the manager as a person and knew he was trying his level best to come up with something that might work, might counter the opposition, might play to our strengths. At least then I had Hope the night before. Even when that smacked 6 past us the other year, I didn’t leave early, I stayed because there was a collective sense of being in it together and they were getting the best effort and  sense out of the squad. There was a togetherness in adversity or in good times that made the journey and the game fun. 

not feeling that in any way at all today😥

^^^^ This is what happens when a terrible manager is kept on past their use or freeze-by date. It makes supporters feel bad. 

3 hours ago, WHY said:

I’m contemplating not going tomorrow, i know it sounds fickle but I genuinely can’t be bothered to drive, park up and walk the mile or so to the ground and sit there and watch City have 80% possession and beat us comfortably. I’m not one to stay to end if we are getting battered, if we are losing 3-0 I will generally leave, tomorrow this could be before HT. Just feels like a lot of effort at the minute for what might be 45 mins of football. Does anyone else feel the same or am I just being a knob 🙂

I think you have to make it fun for yourself regardless of the score. You know we are going to lose so just go there with that in mind and enjoy it.

Think of it like a pantomime. Laugh at the non-existent midfield, cheer every time we make a pass, do funny chants every time there is a corner, bring a cabbage, shout at Gerrard, boo at full-time if it’s really bad.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 3

I’m really genuinely sad that Gerrard has made some of you guys feels like you don’t want to go tomorrow. Football is the joy we all have at the end of a long week and it’s a joyous peace of escapism for us all and I’m really sorry he’s taken that away from people and it makes me dislike him even more. Myself, I’m really looking forward to going and I’m going to take it with a pinch of salt as I know we will get drubbed. I actually feel quite relieved I’m going into it knowing we will lose rather than the annoying feeling of feeling like you have a chance and then we lose. Also, we can take our frustrations out on Jack by boo’ing 😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WHY said:

I’m contemplating not going tomorrow, i know it sounds fickle but I genuinely can’t be bothered to drive, park up and walk the mile or so to the ground and sit there and watch City have 80% possession and beat us comfortably. I’m not one to stay to end if we are getting battered, if we are losing 3-0 I will generally leave, tomorrow this could be before HT. Just feels like a lot of effort at the minute for what might be 45 mins of football. Does anyone else feel the same or am I just being a knob 🙂

Yep I feel the same. My family think I should give it a miss for one game, they think I’ve got wound up too much this week from the defeat, expecting the SG sacking and not coming, poor transfer deadline window signings and now the inevitable resounding defeat tomorrow.  I don’t miss games even in the worse conditions but my family said it won’t hurt this one game and it’s on tv anyway.  It has surprised me that I’m genuinely thinking about it…something to sleep on.

45 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I’m really genuinely sad that Gerrard has made some of you guys feels like you don’t want to go tomorrow. Football is the joy we all have at the end of a long week and it’s a joyous peace of escapism for us all and I’m really sorry he’s taken that away from people and it makes me dislike him even more. Myself, I’m really looking forward to going and I’m going to take it with a pinch of salt as I know we will get drubbed. I actually feel quite relieved I’m going into it knowing we will lose rather than the annoying feeling of feeling like you have a chance and then we lose. Also, we can take our frustrations out on Jack by boo’ing 😂

This is how I felt when Lambert was the manager. I ended up just not bothering going to loads of games as it was all too much of a faff just to get annoyed.

It's amazing how much Gerrard has damaged the morale of the fanbase in less than a year. 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Villa are  poor at the moment but I love your comment about Haaland. Sometimes it doesn't have to be all about Villa. Watching the world's best players can make the whole experience worthwhile.

I'm an old codger so I no longer have a season ticket, but although I could watch the match on Sky at home my son and I will be  wearing our Villa shirts and heading to a stunning local pub where the Landlord is a Villa fan.

We will enjoy the game in good surroundings with cask ales and great company. Win, lose or draw it's all about the occasion.

UTV.

Love this! I have lost touch with loving just the experience over the last year of watching Villa, I want that back. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How did he keep a straight face saying that! If we play like we have been it’ll be the easiest three points for them so far.

He's an outsider looking in and he's a good judge of players. What Villa are doing currently, and what Villa could do are vastly different things. Nick, you have a short memory if you don't remember that Villa came within a few minutes of costing Man City the Premier League championship just over three months ago.

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

He's an outsider looking in and he's a good judge of players. What Villa are doing currently, and what Villa could do are vastly different things. Nick, you have a short memory if you don't remember that Villa came within a few minutes of costing Man City the Premier League championship just over three months ago.

True!

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My 7 year old doesn't know yet, but this will be his first ever Villa game.

It'll probably also be his last :lol: 

Surely the punishment must fit the crime, this seems an overly harsh punishment for whatever a 7 year old child must have done 😉😂