Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

If you’re not in the midst of a psychic meltdown, there’s actually a pretty impressive Villa performance underway. Our players are impressing me. Bailey amazing. They are showing some heart. We need directions. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 3

One of our problems is we've totally stopped carrying the ball forwards or trying to take on opposition players. 

We constantly just stop, even if a big hole has opened in front.  Even if beating that 1 man takes you clear.

Just stop and pass back or sideways. 

We just don't command any presence at all in the contest. Whether that's fifty-fifty battles, or ball retention to allow some meaningful sequence to come about and bring us a goal threat. 

Edited by A'Villan

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Stunning that were only one down. If we can hang on, that would be pretty impressive against this arsenal.

One of those that any other day would be 3 or 4 nil, not because of our play.  A classic example was that open goal that Saka missed first half

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think there's a problem with effort - these players are trying and individually you can make a case for them - it's just that the system isn't right, there's no balance and it doesn't work.

Tell that to everyone completely slating Digne here. As if Digne is our biggest problem 🙄

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

The whole idea of overlapping fullbacks is to overload the  opponents  meaning the should be free and in space to cross. But not under this clown in charge.

Problem is cash can’t cross a ball and digne has got worse for it 

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

If you’re not in the midst of a psychic meltdown, there’s actually a pretty impressive Villa performance underway. Our players are impressing me. They are showing some heart.

I'll have one of what you're having

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

If you’re not in the midst of a psychic meltdown, there’s actually a pretty Villa performance underway. Our players are impressing me. They are showing some heart.

Sorry mate but I think you're watching the wrong game. Do you know we're wearing our 3rd kit tonight? :D

• Haha 1