Pre-match thread

Wainy316

[EDIT: Didn't even notice Mings was out, ignore first comment.]

Dougie for Ramsey is a good choice.

Buendia has been playing better than Coutinho, and I would have started him instead, but with Dougie providing more creativity in midfield, maybe Coutinho won't have to come back so deep, and maybe opposing defenders won't be able to focus on him as much. Let's see how it goes.

Edited by TomC

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ramsey out for Luiz is the only positive from that line up

I'm pretty pleased with that. Ramsay not been on it for ages while so probably needs some time on the sidelines, and Luiz needs to play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

What are your thoughts on the lineup?

Fine. Two up has been our best formation keep Emi hungry. Enforced defensive change and Luiz in is a good thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, By the arse of McGinn said:

Good old Stevie, never learns. If this goes tits up today he deserves any criticism that comes his way. 

At least Luiz has been dropped in so he has at least realised Ramsey needs a break now.

If Kamara and Luiz can be disciplined today and sit infront of defence (and little choice given Chambers-Konsa is completely untested as CB combo) then that will at least Cash and Digne to push up more, McGinn in more advanced role will be interesting.

We really need to get Coutinho in the game as he's barely worth a place in the team currently so perhaps if he drops into midfield we can actually outnumber them a bit.

Unconvinced though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Konsa instead of Chambers was predictable given how poorly Chambers played against Bolton.

Dougie for Ramsey is a good choice.

Buendia has been playing better than Coutinho, and I would have started him instead, but with Dougie providing more creativity in midfield, maybe Coutinho won't have to come back so deep, and maybe opposing defenders won't be able to focus on him as much. Let's see how it goes.

Chambers is playing, they’re our only 2 centre backs now.

• Haha 1