Pre-match thread

Wainy316

Someone's called into Neils Podcast and said he's grateful for the signings SG has brought in, and that SG would play a great part as Manager in a movie but that's about it.

He also said he feels Coutinho could be outstanding under another Manager etc.

Also said we'll never be solid with Digne and Targett is better defender.

Think i've found out @Zatman real name as well based on that. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just want to see a shape and a plan. We will probably help West Ham out of their slump.

The shape and plan is the same as always. Width from the fullbacks.

It's just shit.

• Like 1

We seem to lose to teams when they have major injuries (e.g. first match against Leeds last season when Kalvin Phillips was missing), so won't accept Mings as an excuse.  Managers and TDs need to be prepared for different selection scenarios.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Someone's called into Neils Podcast and said he's grateful for the signings SG has brought in, and that SG would play a great part as Manager in a movie but that's about it.

He also said he feels Coutinho could be outstanding under another Manager etc.

Think i've found out @Zatman real name as well based on that. lol

Thats way too nice for my opinion 😂😂

1 minute ago, jamdog said:

The betting odds have moved in Villa's favour since the teams were announced. Not the team I'd pick. 

A lot of neutrals hate Mings and think he is shit so probably moved the odds😂

• Haha 1

The bed wetting over the lack of a CB on the bench is confusing. Mings is ill, not dead and we have Bouba to cover if the worst happens.

I think we look too narrow against Spammers midfield where space will be tight, but if the plan is to hit them with Emi and Bailey once they're tired it's not a terrible idea. Not my first choice but if we can keep them at arms length in the first half we stand a chance. Would love to have two wingers to knock it long and wide to but these are the waters we're swimming in.

That said, I thought the same Bournemouth game so what do I know.

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

But Buendia and Bailey started against Crystal Palace and we still lost… 

Because we played a wank midfield with 2 anchors. 

Anchors as in holding us back not anchor as in Kamara holding the midfield. 

Edited by MotoMkali

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think a poor loss today could see him gone.

Yeah could happen. Wouldn't be too fuzzed tbh considering the overall form and plan. He's kinda on borrowed time.

3 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

The bed wetting over the lack of a CB on the bench is confusing. Mings is ill, not dead and we have Bouba to cover if the worst happens.

I think we look too narrow against Spammers midfield where space will be tight, but if the plan is to hit them with Emi and Bailey once they're tired it's not a terrible idea. Not my first choice but if we can keep them at arms length in the first half we stand a chance. Would love to have two wingers to knock it long and wide to but these are the waters we're swimming in.

That said, I thought the same Bournemouth game so what do I know.

When did “bed wetting” become the popular insult on this board? I must’ve missed that memo.

• Like 3

Jesus the doom and gloom in here. You sound like Everton fans ffs. I dont mind the team. Buendia was rubbish against Palace so glad to see Coutinho back. How McGinn is automatic choice is beyond me.

Win today and things look a lot better. I'm in the Gerrard out camp too but he's here and it's our team so support them instead of whingeing before a ball is kicked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1