Pre-match thread

Wainy316

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if one, or both, of Bailey or Buendia try to force a move if this continues.

Admittedly the whole Craig Butler fiasco is a shitshow, but Bailey offers us genuine pace and a goal threat, yet we leave him on the bench.

Not overly confident about today.

IMO Bailey has had plenty of chances in relation to his performance levels. Buendia is a different story.

At this point I reckon McGinn could walk onto the pitch, drop his shorts in front of a full house, take a massive s**t 5 yards from the dugout, throw said deuce in Gerrards face, not wipe, shorts back up and continue to put in a disastrous performance until full time. 

Still get picked first name on the sheet next game. 

• Like 3

When we played and lost to West Ham in March Gerrard mentioned ""There was not much in the game. It was decided on a few moments only. What I've found out from today is that we need more stature and more profile in the team."

We now play West Ham again with two changes to the line up from the previous game against them:

Konsa in for Mings

Kamara in for Ramsey.

How have we resolved the stature and profile of this team?

I appreciate we have a few players out but surely we should have done more by now to rectify the problems he saw previously?

Hopeful that we can put a positive performance in today but I'm not confident at all that we will. 

Saying that looking at the West Ham team today it does feel a very defensive one so hopefully we can get at them and put the pressure on them. UTV!

• Like 1

Can't wait for us to come out at 0.5mph at the start and really not take the game to West Ham and leave our central defenders exposed whilst our full backs are the furthest forward.

Rinse, repeat. #headshake

• Like 1

Will be the same as the last time we played them, Rice will sit on Coutinho and he won't get a kick. That same game...Emi Buendia comes on, is able to move them around a bit and creates a goal.

Also, home game against West Ham last season, Buendia creates our only goal. Probably the only player Moyes is worried about, let's just leave him on the bench. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

At this point I reckon McGinn could walk onto the pitch, drop his shorts in front of a full house, take a massive s**t 5 yards from the dugout, throw said deuce in Gerrards face, not wipe, shorts back up and continue to put in a disastrous performance until full time. 

Still get picked first name on the sheet next game. 

He could shit in Gerrards cornflakes and Stevie will still be excited to eat them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

This happened before when Bruce let Elphick go out on loan. Sods law. 

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Steve Bruce vibes appearing when he got rid of Elphick and we ended up only having 2 CBS available (1 being an injured Chester).

Anyone would think we've not learnt any lessons from our multiple various historic failings.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's some wonderful cheer - leading right there. Get rich on the back of your club's misery.

Just for that, I really do hope we win so you, or anyone else, ends up with nish. 

I actually haven't had a bet but plenty do it....particularly if we're 2-0 up in a game v say Man. United.

Would be a decent one to bump up any weekend accumulator anyway.