Pre-match thread

Wainy316

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's ill.

Also, in typical Villa luck, I think Feeney couldn't even come onto the bench because he played for reserves mid week.

Really? Thought it would have only been if it was within 24/48 hours something like that.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Now no Mings in defence, not sure if that’s a tactical sickness? (ie fallout between manager and player)

I wondered that too, but Mings has been back in the lineup, so I don't see why there would have been further friction.

Konsa has been dreadful for so long now.

Agreed, and as badly as Chambers played against Bolton, you have to wonder if they'll put 5 or 7 or 9 in against us. I'm hoping that Bolton was a one-off and Chambers will be back to the form he showed last year, especially against Man City.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How you not startibg bailey is a **** joke and how your nit atarting buendia is an even bigger one 

Watkins and ings has been a collosal failure why are you **** doing it again?

Countinho is massively out of form yet again he starts

More or less all our wins under 2022 have come with Ings and Watkins starting together.

4 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

Buendia is always better off the bench when good opposition tires. Rice is just as likely to put emi in his pocket 1st half as phil. I don't mind this if it's the gameplan.

Precisely because you have to worry about Rice, this might have been a good match to try both Buendia and Coutinho in the lineup. He can't defend both of them at once.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nakamba at centre back if we get another injury there. How you aint putting a cb on bench is a **** joke

Surely it will be Kamara, Marvellous is only about 5ft 9 in isn't he?

Kamara at least played there for Marseille and I could actually see him placed at CB for Arsenal if we ship a few today and can't get another CB in for Wednesday.

• Like 1

Just now, TomC said:

I wondered that too, but Mings has been back in the lineup, so I don't see why there would have been further friction.

Agreed, and as badly as Chambers played against Bolton, you have to wonder if they'll put 5 or 7 or 9 in against us. I'm hoping that Bolton was a one-off and Chambers will be back to the form he showed last year, especially against Man City.

Hopefully you are correct  on both counts. I think duff start to the season and negative feelings around this place are catching up with me a bit.

We need a positive result today, as the next couple of matches probably won’t yield many points for us.

Fingers crossed we pull something out of the bag in the attacking third of the pitch to keep the Hammers at arms length.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Surely it will be Kamara, Marvellous is only about 5ft 9 in isn't he?

Kamara at least played there for Marseille and I could actually see him placed at CB for Arsenal if we ship a few today and can't get another CB in for Wednesday.

Knowing us Kamara limps off. Then we are royally f**ked.

• Sad 1

The only way he'll ever pick our best lineup is if he somehow stumbles upon it through injuries/suspensions. But even then he'd revert back to his favourites as soon as he can.

Edited by Tom13

Defence is a concern but I think the midfield will be a lot more balanced with Luiz in there.

We are guaranteed to concede so will need to score 2 or 3. 

Win would give our start a different feel, lose and Gerrard is hopefully on the way out.

So on that basis it will be a draw which suits noone.