Pre-match thread

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Steve Bruce vibes appearing when he got rid of Elphick and we ended up only having 2 CBS available (1 being an injured Chester).

We will do the same as we did under Bruce and put Nakamba as the 3rd centre back :D  

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Steve Bruce vibes appearing when he got rid of Elphick and we ended up only having 2 CBS available (1 being an injured Chester).

Just need to tell one of our midfielders that they are now a centreback, and the metamorphosis is complete.

Some big calls today in the team (Emi and Leon on the bench) but lets see how we get on first before casting judgement on the line up.

• Like 3

I feared the worst for this one. It’s a classic situation, struggling team needing goals and points and up step the Villa to do the honours.

Now no Mings in defence, not sure if that’s a tactical sickness? (ie fallout between manager and player) but we needed Mings for this one. Konsa has been dreadful for so long now. I hope he steps up today, but I am not confident about that happening. ☹️

Please prove me wrong Villa.

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Will be the same as the last time we played them, Rice will sit on Coutinho and he won't get a kick. That same game...Emi Buendia comes on, is able to move them around a bit and creates a goal.

Also, home game against West Ham last season, Buendia creates our only goal. Probably the only player Moyes is worried about, let's just leave him on the bench. 

Tactical masterclass. The opponent spends all week preparing for buendia so when he doesn't play they don't have a clue what to do. Ofc we also don't have a clue what to do without buendia and are playing with an anchor around our neck in mcginn but still... 

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

When we played and lost to West Ham in March Gerrard mentioned ""There was not much in the game. It was decided on a few moments only. What I've found out from today is that we need more stature and more profile in the team."

We now play West Ham again with two changes to the line up from the previous game against them:

Konsa in for Mings

Kamara in for Ramsey.

How have we resolved the stature and profile of this team?

I appreciate we have a few players out but surely we should have done more by now to rectify the problems he saw previously?

Hopeful that we can put a positive performance in today but I'm not confident at all that we will. 

Saying that looking at the West Ham team today it does feel a very defensive one so hopefully we can get at them and put the pressure on them. UTV!

Pretty much been a running theme of Gerrard's managerial career so far (at least here) that he says all these logical things to press after games and then just dosen't act on it. Saying he loves Buendia and yet he's started 3/4 on the bench for example when he's comfortably out performing Coutinho currently.

We must have some brilliant training ground players given the lack of changes week in week out despite the mediocre results.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Some big calls today in the team (Emi and Leon on the bench) but lets see how we get on first before casting judgement on the line up.

Yep. It's not what I'd have done but of we play well and win then no one can complain.

Just now, VillaChris said:

I actually haven't had a bet but plenty do it....particularly if we're 2-0 up in a game v say Man. United.

Would be a decent one to bump up any weekend accumulator anyway.

Mercenary behaviour. Loyalty should mean "steadfast allegiance". 

• Haha 1

How you not startibg bailey is a **** joke and how your nit atarting buendia is an even bigger one 

Watkins and ings has been a collosal failure why are you **** doing it again?

Countinho is massively out of form yet again he starts