Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

This whole episode is cringeworthy.

Only thing I can think of is there was a non-disclosure agreement which got broken from the Watford or players agent end and so we pulled out. Would make sense if you think about the Ings transfer. Would also make sense as to why one of our transfers was all over the media, when normally we run a very tight ship.

• Like 1

Signing Sarr doesn't necessarily preclude us from signing other players. I'd be surprised if we didn't get another CM in. Regardless, none of this has any bearing on the signing of Sarr. We should be worried about whether he's a good player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

I’d actually be quite happy if this falls through. 

I don’t particularly rate Sarr, we barely even play with wingers as it is and we have far more important areas to sort out so if this is dead then happy days.

Hasn't been the same since his injury last year according to Watford fans. This would have been a risk-reward signing. 

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Hasn't been the same since his injury last year according to Watford fans. This would have been a risk-reward signing. 

Thought that was exactly what Traore was. I'd stick rather than twist.

4 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

This whole episode is cringeworthy.

Only thing I can think of is there was a non-disclosure agreement which got broken from the Watford or players agent end and so we pulled out. Would make sense if you think about the Ings transfer. Would also make sense as to why one of our transfers was all over the media, when normally we run a very tight ship.

We're not going to abandon signing a player just because of something like that.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Signing Sarr doesn't necessarily preclude us from signing other players. I'd be surprised if we didn't get another CM in. Regardless, none of this has any bearing on the signing of Sarr. We should be worried about whether he's a good player.

It does, really. Maybe not this summer, but with the amount of attacking players we have and the incoherence of their respective skillsets, some of them will be frozen out, weather it be Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho. They will become deadwood we won't be able to shift, and THAT is when it will probably be money we won't be able to spend (not to mention how it affects FFP). And it's all money down the toilet, because there certainly is enough talent there. What we need is an effective way to play them.

• Like 1

If there’s any truth in this then Gerrard or Purslow have to go. Those two need to be in lockstep and if they’re working at cross purposes then someone has to walk or be pushed.

fwiw I like the signing. We don’t currently play with wingers, but that could just be because Gerrard doesn’t like any of his existing options. What’s obvious is that the existing system just isn’t working at all and we need to be able to be tactically flexible. The people who are against the transfer “because Gerrard doesn’t play wingers” are probably upset because with the system we play we do, justifiably, need reinforcements badly in other areas but if we’re planning a tactical shift, which I think we can all agree is needed, this makes sense.

• Like 2

John Percy said medical was taking place. Watford side say still negotiating - I’d imagine it’s a bit of posturing from Watford. The source who broke it says it’s happening and to be announced  

Tom Collomosse has been quiet on this one interestingly  

I think the deal gets done still. 

• Like 1

Had Percy ever been this wrong when putting his balls on the block? I don’t think he has - only when mentioning players were ‘looking at’. I’m saying this happens and ignore all the noise  

Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

According to this Watford fan /Premier League reporter, Watford may be bargaining for Hause. Which seems reasonable.

Oh he mentioned he covered Bailey in the budesliga and says "Sarr has a higher ceiling than Bailey." which is pleasant to hear because I rate Bailey.

Good channel btw, worth checking out.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Watford fans saying he didn’t even turn up for his medical and other clubs interested. 
Also that Archer may go there on loan now. I could see that causing a disagreement between Gerrard and Lange (if any of that is true) if Gerrard wanted Archer to stick around and planned to use him tomorrow and was now told he was off. 

• Like 1

Sounds like we've not reached an agreement with Watford.

They're interested in Archer on loan but that leave Hause in no mans land as they can't sign him too. I wonder if this is a factor in the Sarr deal.

No reports that it's off but that it's not progressing at the moment. No clear idea what the issue is.

Sounds like Palace want to sign him if he doesn't join us

I've a feeling that Watford now say they want Archer on Loan not Hause and that's miffed us as we want Hause out on a Loan and Archer can go to any club in the Championship as they're all interested.

This has put the breaks on the Sarr deal for now I think. 

41 minutes ago, duke313 said:

AF1194D4-79AA-446F-9910-628FC5D7CEE1.jpeg

If any of the above is true, we need to steer well clear of this one. One poster on the Watford fans site seems to think the deal Watford are looking for is £25m + Hause (permanent) + Archer (loan). Hopefully, we've told the cheeky bleeders to do one....

• Like 1

Lots of speculation but if the manager has called the deal off at the last minute you've got to question what the **** is going on. 

It's not a good sign. To me it suggests an internal battle. 

You don't agree fees and have medicals unless everyone is on the same page regarding a signing. 

Disappointed if true, I wanted the player. 

Â