Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

They have hardly had a look at the opposition third of the pitch. They have been waltzing through us. Kamara has also been missing his interceptions and being out hustled. Our midfield and fullbacks have been terrorised.

They haven’t had a look but they’ve been asked to be there because Gerrard wants them to. You watch any of the long balls - fullbacks are in Crystal Palace’s half cause that’s what Gerrard wants and as a result their in and away.

• Like 1

I can accept losing. I just can't accept losing like this. We've been played off the park for most of the match.

The biggest concern for me is how absolutely nothing changed at half time. I've seen teams play very badly in the first half, but they are rarely just as bad in the second because teams recognize what they did wrong and adjust. Not us though. Its like Gerrard has no idea how to change things.

• Like 3

Other results pushing us down the table. Looking bad. I know it's early but the Bournemouth game was a shocking wake up call that's no one has listened to.

• Like 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Other results pushing us down the table. Looking bad. I know it's early but the Bournemouth game was a shocking wake up call that's no one has listened to.

The Everton result papered over the cracks IMO

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

As well as all the shit performances, it's this shit that worried me from the off.

He doesn't understand what he's looking at. Quite a common theme with good players. It's why so few become good managers.

Yes agreed. Gerrard is on this downwards trajectory since last season & dont seemed able to change.