Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Just now, AV82 said:

Aside from the one headed pass he’s done absolutely nothing other than get caught in possession. 

The assist, you mean?

Our central midfield looking clueless and our inability to either retain possession effectively or counter with purpose is what's rendering Bailey ineffective. He's not "awful" at all. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I've watched The Green Mile a few times and thought to myself "christ, this is the most depressing place in the world, imagine being on death row, what could be worse?"...

I've found the answer, its reading a f**king match thread on VT when you can't watch the game. God I just want to end it all. 

Thank yourself lucky you can’t actually watch the match. It’s as bad as it sounds. 

It’s like you just sent 11 random blokes who had never met each other before onto the pitch to play. Yet we know they all have the skill to play as a team and beat CP if they play as one unit.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

False hope immediately after arriving at the club.

Since then, nothing.

Yes, quite.... A lot of nice sounding words said with an edgey scouse accent but its all a bit blah blah at the moment, just waiting for SG to say "we go again" to complete the nightmare

Just now, VillaCas said:

So you’re saying this is Gerrards fault? Nothing to do with poor performances all over the pitch?

When everyone on the pitch looks out of ideas, maybe it's time to look elsewhere

• Like 1

Watching Villa try and pass the ball through midfield is a truly, truly horrific sight. 

McGinn, Ramsey and Bailey have been woeful. Watkins control of a football almost comedic. 

Eze and Zaha a joy to watch.

Until we sign some better midfielders, expect plenty more of this.

The only positive from that half is that we’re not losing. 

Just now, VillaCas said:

So you’re saying this is Gerrards fault? Nothing to do with poor performances all over the pitch?

It's his fault when we still don't have any sort of discernable style of play or tactical plan after having the job for almost a year.  I've seen Sunday league teams better organized than we've looked this season.  

• Like 2