Match Thread: Bournemouth v Villa

limpid

Performances like this can happen in isolation - against a newly promoted side defending for their lives but what concerns me most is that it doesn’t look like a one-off. We’re playing in exactly the same way we did for most of last season. Just so, so static. 

Just now, SuperTed said:

Did I hear correctly, Digne wasn’t on to defend that first corner as he got pulled up for wearing jewellery!?

I’m not sure, but I could only count 10 Villa players on the pitch (inc goalkeeper) during that corner.  But I couldn’t see anyone off the pitch but that might have been out of camera shot.

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

What is the plan? I just don't get it, at all, were not doing anything

Pass it around the half way line area then hoof it aimlessly into the box if we’re lucky enough to get far enough forward. 

Its a watertight plan that was carefully designed in preseason. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s almost like we don’t have various plans and ability to switch between different ways of attacking.  It has to be a coaching issue (not Gerrard, but whoever is doing the actual coaching).

So Gerrard doesn’t set the plans and switches and pass them on to his coaches? 

Just now, Farlz said:

I can't stand this manager. To still not have any sort of identity is tragic. 

We do. We all knew Gerrard as a person was a boring b*st*rd and we very much reflect that.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

My nearest PL club is Man City, yet I'm bringing my kids up as Villa fans.

Am I gonna get a visit from the social workers?

Do you really want your kids to suffer the way you have?

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I'm happy with the team now, looks so creative on paper, but it does make a managers job more difficult. Which is why I think we need a better more experienced manager.

The 3 behind the 1 looks actually solid. It's clear it's what we should play. The question is making the right striker, Mings and replacing mcginn with Luoz.